To block or not to block?

PEOPLE OF GAG! I come to you all with a question of whether or not I should block one of my friends on my iphone. Since I can't make up my own mind on the decision and since I'm also studying political science I am going to do it democratically!

Background information:
I've known her for a couple months now and we've been pretty good friends. But the problem you see is that I fell for her 😒 and she has a bf! Which as you can all see where the problem is. So in order for me to get over my feelings, I need to cut total 100% contact with her. But unfortunately I'm swaying back and forth on the decision so that's where you good people come in! 😎

• BLOCK HER!
  • Don't block her!

Most Helpful Girl

• Block her.

I am surprised at the poll results.

Block her jf you want to stop feeling hurt as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• Democratically , nice, so you are gonna leave your important decisions on a bunch of half-wit, random, strangers..
    Quite thoughtful of you.

What Girls Said 6

• I'd say block her, because unless you have very strong mental capabilities of shutting down the feelings (which you don't, because you're asking here) this is how it's going to turn out:
    - you guys continue to be friends, but people with feelings for another behave weird, and eventually she is going to notice and things are going to be very awkward, and you two don't talk again (or... she uses you for attention/double times you and her boyfriend, im assuming she is better than that).

So you might as well block her now instead of wasting your time.

• "B" for No Block.
    She may be Taken Today but Tomorrow things can change in a heart beat. Stay civil at least and no one says you have to have Mouth to Mouth Contact Consistently.
    Good luck. xx

• That's kind of rough... She's done nothing wrong and she is losing a friend? :(
    But if you feel like this is ruining your life and some sort of chance for romantic happiness... then block her, but explain everything to her before you block her...

• don't just block her without a explanation, just tell her hey I've got feelings for you and I think it's best not to speak anymore.

• Tell her that you like her and that's why you're blocking her

• It's sad that she did nothing wrong and she would be losing a friend without any incident. Maybe explain to her that you need your space and will be radio silent for a while first? If after some time you still have feelings, I guess you can cut her off. But I'd explain to her first before doing something.

What Guys Said 3

• Don't block! You can always take the time to repair, while keeping in touch from time to time. It's not easy, but possible.

• Don't block her, thats harsh on her, just don't speak to her!

• Nah don't block her at all.