If you prefer not to date a deaf person, why?

This is only for those who prefer not to date a deaf person.

Most Helpful Girl

• I minored in ASL, so I have no trouble communicating.
    But I don't know. I'd have to make that decision when faced with it.

• That's great that you learned ASL. Apparently, some people wouldn't even bother with it.

• Oh really? U in gallaudet college? Im deaf. If u see good looking guy like me would u datw me? ;) sorry my pick up line is awful lol.

What Girls Said 2

• It wouldn't matter one way or the other, if I liked the person then I'd want to date them. I work with the deaf taking care of them

• Great. I'm just trying to understand those that don't.

• From what I see at work, its tough and can get frustrating to have trouble communicating. But its not very different from two people dating that speak different languages. I'm learning ASL to work where I am, but if you pay attention you can often understand what a deaf person is trying to sign, and you can try to act things out or write them in order to help them understand you.

• Me personally, I doesn't matter.

However, I think a huge reason is the language barrier aspect. Unless the person can read lips and the other understand sign, it might be a bit harder to communicate.

• Yeah, I can understand that. But couldn't they write on paper? Couldn't they learn to sign, especially if they really liked the person?

• a sec Class karma whore. -end truestory.

• @Xi3s3r
      First class actually. & Thanks dickhead.

What Guys Said 3

• That sounds like a lot of hassle to do, how the hell am i gonna communicate.

• Maybe use your lips or learn sign?

• Ok give me this complete impossible scenario as a hypothetical, this proves nothing man.
      Although I'd consider it if they looked like that but it's never gonna happen so what's the point.

• Impossible? How do you know for sure?

• actually I'm Deaf,
    so many girls are feeling uncomfortable how doesn't understand I trying use sign language and what they're not understand I written note English/Spanish with grammar, it's feeling Dyslexia.

• Well at least you could turn your naughty videos wide open, just don't be seen