Online date, not what you expected, would you leave/be mean?

You guys meet at a coffee shop/restaurant. Their only difference is appearance, everything else is the same ( personality, financial success ). Would you leave, be friends, continue on the date romantically, be extremely disrespectful then leave..

For ladies, the guy looks like this online.
For guys the lady looks like this online.

• I would leave,
  • I would stay
  • I would cuss them out, then leave.
  • lets try to be friends,

Most Helpful Girl

• I would get up and leave.

That is so messed up, disrespectful and dishonest that I would be disgusted by their character to the point that I would not want to be there anymore. I wouldn't insult them beyond saying: "I'm very sad for you, for the fact that you had to lie to me when I gave you my confidence. Enjoy your lunch." And I would leave.

What Girls Said 15

• I would probably stay just to be polite. But I would definitely be turned off by the dishonestly and deception, so the date likely wouldn't go very far. I might even let them know that lying about their appearance (or anything else) won't help them, and tell them that if things don't continue between us, that's the reason on my end. It makes no sense to deceive someone that way. It's not like they won't know you did it the very second they meet you. The deception would be a way bigger deal to me than the fact that they're not as traditionally attractive as I expected.

• Would you be as mad, if it was the same person, who just used a pic of themselves 50 lbs lighter.

• Not quite as bad because at least it's a picture of them. But it's still deceptive, which is ultimately a turnoff.

• i would stay but definitely never want to go out again. i also think it's super rude. like really, no one likes someone who lies about their appearance. i went on one date with a guy who had super outdated pictures and had gained probably about 40 lbs since the pictures were taken, not to mention he spent a large portion of the date talking about his strategies and healthy lifestyle. biggest turnoff ever. stop. no second date for him and definitely no kiss. don't try to be someone you're not.

• I would leave. That's why you should Skype with them first.

• Good idea, theb you can also see if it 'clicks', kinda.

• Stay out of politeness but cut the date short.

• I would call out the liar and listen for an explanation. Then tell them the connection isn't there. Not because of their appearance but rather the deception.

• I would leave. I don't need that type of insecurity in my life.
    Why lie on a dating website knowing you're gonna meet up later? lol

• Be polite and stay, just not go on a second date. If they asked why, I'd tell them

• I've been catfished and ended up falling in love with him lol

• I would leave. It isn't even about the looks but they completely lied to you. Why be with a liar?

• There's no reason to be mean to someone because of their looks.
    Just part ways if need be.

• Leave.

• Been there, done that. Did a double take. Stayed and was polite. Split the bill.

• Now I would not curse but I would tell them to get their act together and not lie about their physical appearance. Maybe that makes me vain but that could mean that they are lying about other things too.

• I would leave because he lied to me and because I don't find him attractive

• I would honestly leave.. Why lie you know. You never know if they'll like you back if you show them the real you.

What Guys Said 5

• I would leave

• why does looks always matter? Im sure yes there's an attraction but there more to life than looks.

• That happened once. We got along well enough but no physical attraction. We had plenty of common interest so we're friends, but that's it.

• Lol put your real pic into your dating profile or none xD

• Because it won't work. You will get so many additional negative qualities like:
      -not confident about his looks
      -a liar
      -creepy and so on

• I would leave as soon as politely possible.