Is this a legimate reason to dump someone?

This guy dumped me because in his eyes I lacked goals and called me lifeless. I am going through a tough time right now im broke and can't find a job and barely make enough money. I live at home but there is no freedom here. I m 23 and stuck basically, he said I am no use to him and I dont have any talents he can enjoy. He is a doctor but other then that pretty boring and he thinks he is all that. Why did he judge me? instead of being openminded and if he liked me why not help me?

Most Helpful Guy

• MEN GET DUMPED ALL THE TIME FOR THIS WHETHER HE'S TRYING OR NOT.

but i m sure you'll get comfort and tolerance from way more people and have the guy come off like a piece of shit 'cause you're a female.

i wouldn't marry a girl in retail even. here's why:

1. lack of money places a chronic stress bubble in both partners so they fight a lot
    2. 40 percent of divorce is said to be from issue rooted in lack if money
    3. if she is not an asshole and is capable, i can get sick or get injured without losing everything i owned and worked for including my family and my heart. DIVORCE
    4. divorce rate for couples with the woman making more is much higher
    5. i want to take care of my parents and set aside a G or 2 for their allowance every month when they retire (i dont think western people take care of their parents enough and a lot of them go through counselling for it (huge downfall of western culture i never adopted) ... thought of feeding couple people more for the rest of my life is pretty heavy just thinking about it. i dont mind when i can but i can get injured or sick then what?

i beleive in female empowerment, if she's not capable to do anything, what has she been doing for twenty something yrs? its possibly a character issue. also, if she's built something, shell know how to take care of a working man like me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Forget this Doctor "No Do Little" who is way too Big for his own Britches.
    He never gave a Rat's behind about you, @angela55, He is Instead, Putting it in his own sick Head, That he wants a High Maintenance Girl, who may have it Altogether, but be in the End, my Friend... A Witch with many a Twitch, I betcha.
    He doesn't Accept you Unconditionally here, dear. If he did, None of this Basic stuff would even matter to mopey.
    If he is like this with you, Imagine the other Poor Patients on the other end of Dope's No heart Beat Stethoscope.
    Bad Bedside manner is Enough for me as I even Write... You are too Much of a Florence Nitengale for him.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 18

• he judged you because he's a fucking doctor. the status got to his head. those are the worst kinds of people. good on him for a really good career, but a piece of shit is still a piece of shit.

he's projecting his success onto you and probably expects the same out of you.

• he called me a dissappointment

• he might see you as a disappointment because you're not on his level, but if you think about it, in a way, he is too lol.

• well the comments "i'm no use to him and don't have any talents he can enjoy" are horribly crass and rude

but lacking goals (essentially some ambition) and being apathetic or lethargic (lifeless) are certainly reasons that a person may feel that a relationship isn't going to work out

• You can call him an asshole all you want (and maybe he is one) but that is a legitimate reason and he's not your problem anymore so move on.

• Help you with what?

• If you are not his wife or at least his finance, there is no reason for him to help you financially. In fact, he's probably been burned in the past and has learned that lesson the hard way. You sound as if you only dated him because he's a doctor and you thought that he would help you financially. Now, if you didn't mean financially, then I'll agree that he could have tried to help you in other ways. Who knows? He might believe that he tried and it wasn't going anywhere. There sounds as if there's a lot more here than you realize right now. Hopefully, when it doesn't sting as bad, you'll be able to reflect on it in a more meaningful way and learn a healthy thing or two because you sound bitter and judgmental right now (which I understand if the breakup wasn't that long ago). Anyway, good luck.

• In the end, he did you a favor because you probably shouldn't be in a relationship with someone who devalues you so much.

• I would also dump a girl that had no goals and no ambition.

• Honey, quit being a loser. Time to pick yourself up by the bootstraps and do something with your life? You didn't finish school right? Dumb move. Why can't you get a job? Bullshit.

You need to ask yourself what exactly do YOU bring to a relationship? It needs to be more than just you and your vag.

• im in school now and have been for a while, so its not like im a loser, he just didn't see it as ahigh education, i can't find a side job, i TRieD EVERYTHING no calls back

• If I thought a girl had no ambition I'd probably dump her because I have a lot of goals and ambition so I want to be with someone like that

• you're not stuck, you just don't try hard enough.

what's to be open minded about? doesn't sound like you made any significant changes since you two met... so why should he believe you will in the future?

• Dump him.

• I think he wants someone more ambitious, thats his choice and its fine

• no he wanted his wife to stay at home

• He said that to me at the beginning, that he wanted a wife with a part time job and then he came with this

• He sounds like he is enjoying putting you down.

He possibly thinks tough love is a good way to motivate someone.

He might just have very high standards and told you the truth exactly how he felt about you and your life.

• Yeah, I would too

• It's clear you don't have chemistry so it doesn't matter. All of these thing are afterthoughts if you're into each other.

• Yes it is and I'd do the same thing.
    I've always mentioned I need my partner to be ambitious and have goals in life. I don't want a parasitic leech living off of me.

• Thats wut gold diggers get lel. Get yo P€$$¥ destoryed and ur no longer of any use

• My best friend it dumped because she got her degree and told him he was "wasting his life". She did it on their anniversary too, he had a big night all set up and everything. I thought it was the crappiest move ever. by the way, he's an assistant manager, and lives in his own house, while she only just got her degree

• I would understand ending a relationship because it seemed your partner had no aspirations or goals. But if this isn't the case with you, if you did have all that and right now you just are going through a rough spot I would say the break up was unjust and due to a lack of communication.

What Girls Said 2

• o man. some doctors are like that. medical school and residency is fucking rough as hell, so some people become roughened by the journey and some even further just get cocky and a sense of entitlement... entitled to be a jerk. kinda like how some jocks feel entitled to "10/10" beautiful women cuz they worked their asses off for their jacked bodies. cockiness is just an awful personality flaw to deal with. u dont deserve to be treated like tht. just focus on getting urself back on ur feet through this tough time. i dont know what is a legitimate reason to dump someone, cuz it depends on how u look at it. if he can't handle ur struggle and needs someone settled like him, he shouldn't be around to make u feel worse. u dont need that.

• Other side:

He might be seeing you that your dependent or just waiting for a gold. He thinks your young or immature in reality.

I'm on your side:
    He's jerk and too proud to himself and blinded on what he have and he feels he's perfect.

I don't know why i keep talking nonsense 😂😂😂