Why does she change men as much as she changes clothes?

She's 27. All of her relationships last under 2 years. She has 3 kids by different men. She ended up getting her tubes tied because she know longer wants to keep getting pregnant by each guy she enters a relationship with. After the birth of her daughter a year ago , she's now dating a new man. They've been together less than 1 month and she claims she loves him , as she does every guy she is with.
I care for this girl , we've known each other since we were teens but I really think she has a problem. Since I've never her she has never been single , it's like she can't bare to be alone. What do you think? Do you know anyone that seems co-dependant on

relationships?

Most Helpful Guy

• Seems that she doesn't wanna be alone

That's what led me to my first girlfriend at 21

She was nice but had issues
    I shoulda of never been there
    Long story short my dads out 90$ her friends car is dead and we break up.

I didn't date for a whole year after that then got cheated on and waited another 2 years. I take long breaks between heart ache but yeah I got tired of feeling bad about being alone now I enjoy being single if a girl comes along, great, if not I'm okay with that too. I hope your friend finds peace someday

What Guys Said 8

• Probably father issues, but can't diagnose someone I have never met. Or one of the types common in the past that uses sex to attract the first guy with a hot car...

• She does have some mental disorders there :/ she's unable to make things work.
    She needs to find a very special type of man, that grabs her and fights for her, with lot's of patience.

You could try to get her to know some man like that. Do you have some single male friends desperate for love?

• Attachment issues

• Yeah she has problems. I do know someone who can't be alone at all.

• Why did she leave the last three guys? That would speak volumes. Bad choices?

• We call it the cock-carousel. Time to move on, these hoe's be bitches.

• There has been studies showing that relationship hoppers have low self-esteem.

• The bigger question is why you don't move in with me. I know plenty of people like that. People are desperate for real love but don't know how to accept others. Disregard the first part. I had some wine, feeling firsky, you are beautiful and I am being silly.

What Girls Said 8

• I mean, some people are rollin' stones.

I wouldn't so much worry about yr friend, here, as about her kids. If yr friend attaches herself to a man who genuinely gets close to the kids, and builds real relationships with them -- only to rip herself, and the kids, away -- then, that's gna do some real damage to the kids' capacity for things like trust, and love, and intimacy, down the road.

Yr friend is fine, for now. And she'll continue to be fine, as long as she still manages to attract the kind of man she likes.
    Which, for now at least, doesn't seem to be even the slightest bit of a problem -- as you said yrself, she hasn't spent one moment as a single lady the whole time you've known her.

If yr friend suddenly wakes up one day old, unwanted, and alone, THEN she'll have a self-problem on her hands.
    Right now, her problem is her kids. Do you think she genuinely cares about her kids? Do you think she has the capacity to understand what the consequences might be for them, if she gets involved with a giving, hands-on stepdad type and then pulls away?

• I understand you are caring for your friend, but has your friend sought help from you? If not, maybe it's her business. She is 27 and an adult, mature enough to make decisions such as who to sleep with and when to have sex.
    Obviously I don't understand the whole picture from your one paragraph description but no where have you indicated that she's unhappy with the current state she is in. So what right do you have to judge her and say she has a problem? She doesn't.
    Maybe you have good intentions, but I feel this post is very subtle slut shaming.

• She tells the world how she feels. I don't intervene in her life. I'm just expressing what I feel here about her actions.
      Everything nowadays is labeled slut shaming.
      You can't speak about a promiscuous person without someone calling you a slut shaker. I mean come on , get a grip

• Some women are co dependent. She probably bases her self worth on whether or not she has a man. She seems to also have attachment issues. Some people just don't know what true love is

• Nope you seem complicated.

• I seriously hope she doesn't introduce each guy to her kids. That'll do nothing mess up their heads and future relationships. Your friend needs to get professional help begore her AND her kids lives are destroyed.

• Yes - she values herself by a man she's with. She really doesn't know how to be alone.

• Maybe she has daddy issues?

• Déjà vu?

She is depressed with her life.