Im sexually shy?

like im 23 and still a virgin, I just feel so shy and ashamed im still a virgin... I feel really shy. How can I get over this shyness? I never had a boyfriend either because im shy.. ..

Most Helpful Guy

• Why are you ashamed that you have a beautiful gift to give a man who loves you, intact? Save it for your husband and have no regrets. God will provide you with the man He has for you if you will only wait...

• but I feel socially behind and I feel like im too young to not be having fun.

• How is he doing it for you?

• Mostly, it's like little heart revelations that hit me when I am ready for them, nuggets of knowledge so bright they blind me, connecting wires, connecting emotions, explaining why something is the way it is. If you've never had God touch your heart or speak into it to not just tell you something, but show it so you can "feel" it, see it, touch it, smell it, know it liek it is as real as the universe, it's hard to explain, but I have gotten many of them, brilliant flashes of knowledge that answer questions, sometimes questions I have not even asked, but leave me saying, "Oh! So THAT'S why I feel this way!" or, "So THAT is how I should respond!" Things like that. In no way could I ever say in my limited brain could these bits of knowledge be from me at all. I can only give God the credit. If you haven't, you can ask Jesus into your heart, and He will come there and dwell with you. You've literally nothing to lose. God will help u 2.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a 22 year old virgin and I'm not shy generally only when it comes to boys, dating and sex. I wish I could help because I've really been struggling with this as well and I know how horrible it is! I was s'posed to have a date tonight but freaked out and told him I was ill so we're going out some point next week. I'm really hoping I don't freak out again because eventually he's gonna think I'm not interested or just not worth his time. I used to go to counseling but stopped going and haven't been back for over a year. Now I need to try it again, I think you can get it free on the nhs if you talk to your doctor about your anxiety or I know Universities have a free counseling services - it's worth a try! If you're in a busy city you could try tinder or other dating websites and forums to get you used to talking to guys about sexual stuff. With tinder you can meet up with guys for dates and just get used to kissing in public. Don't be ashamed of being a virgin - if you're worried about that you can always do other things with a guy and say you've never tried it but wanted to ("Oh, I've never tried hickey's, fingering etc. before - can we try that?)", then when you actually have sex you'll have all these other cool moves! I think I'm in the same position as you since I feel like a terrified, innocent, virginal nothing a lot of the time but I know that I'm still young and this fear has given me a whole other perspective on life that other people won't have experienced, hopefully this has made me a patient, understanding, all-round better person. These are all ideas I've been playing around with in my head but never actually tried (the counseling thing hasn't worked yet but fingers crossed!). I hope they will be of use to you. Sorry for the huge weird essay! I just hate being in this state and don't want other people to be in this position. No matter what happens you'll be ok.

What Guys Said 14

• The best way to get over being shy is to join a club, group. I highly suggest joining a church young adults group because they should be nice and accept you for who you are. If they don't then leave. Why are you ashamed that your still a virgin? I know so many women who regret losing it. Many of them wish that they could have waited for a better guy and the correct moment.

• there´s no shame in being a virgin. also there´s no shame in having sex. if you´d like to have sex with a guy, just go for it XD

• Try to push yourself a little bit everyday, If your really shy, try to talk to more people. little bit everyday. something about a book or class or something you like. Don't be ashamed your a virgin. nothing to be ashamed about. everyone's time will come when they are ready not when someone else says so.

• It's completely normal to be shy.
    Once you find an understanding partner that is patient and willing to take his time exploring your sexual boundaries you will be all set.
    In these cases usually an older guy, he's experienced, knows what is good in sex, and is willing to be patient as you explore your sexuality.
    Find a married guy, or a divorced dad, around 10 years older than you.

• Step 1: Overcome your shyness (I'm shy too)
    Step 2: You will never truly overcome your shyness
    Step 3: When you one day find the guy you could potentially have sex with, talk to him about everything. Literally everything. All of your concerns. Seriously it's like magic.

• Get out and meet people.

• Get in touch with your body. Watch some dirty things to open yourself up to your body more. Find out what you like, etc.

• I'd love to take your virginity and boost your confidence ;)

• You need to not push into things and find a guy you can trust

• Fear is an illusion. It will be your prison if you don't take risks in life.

• Just turn off the lights

• I'm also a virgin. I'm 22.

• find a guy online that is shy like you.

• You're a girl, it's never as bad to be a virgin as a female than it is a male. Guys generally don't care...

What Girls Said 4

• Don't feel ashamed, don't feel upset about it either. There is nothing wrong with still being a virgin. The people that make you feel otherwise aren't the ones that you should be around either.

Being shy will make dating harder but it won't make it impossible. You have to put yourself out there, I go to a community college, I like to fly under the radar most days but because of this I don't have any friends

. So I took the plunge and began to take interest in the little clubs that they have there. You could join an art class or a book club or a cooking class. Little steps to becoming social. You're doing what you like and surrounding yourself with new people as well.

• Don't feel bad! Just don't say anything if U don't want to. Tell the guy U finally meet U <3 slow sex, and romance, and foreplay especially.

• I'm 23 and also a virgin. I choose to be because Im not losing it to some loser.

• Hey twin! I'm also a 23 yo virgin. But me never having a boyfriend is due to my ugliness.