Do you consider it to be good or bad that girls don't care about looks?

Do you consider it a good or bad thing that girls don't care about looks when it comes to dating? I mean you could say its a good thing since it means average looking and ugly guys can still get hot girlfriend, but on the other that if a guy is good looking, it probably won't be enough for him to get a great girlfriend/get laid. so i'm not sure what to think. what's your opinion on this? are you happy that girls don't care about looks or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really care about looks, I tend to fall for personality. People shouldn't rely on their looks for love, that's how you get burned.

• well i wouldn't say they shouldn't rely on looks at all, because looks are important... to guys. but girls, they could care less lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Very good :) personality first!

• i can't put my finger on what exactly attracts them... personality, confidence or something else but they somehow care very little about physical looks

• Ye that's a good thing.

What Girls Said 7

• I've seen many handsome guys, but then I've taken some time to get to know them better. They either have no personality or they turn out to be dickheads giving you the "in too good for you" look, I very rarely seem to find a decent good looking guy personality wise.
    I still choose personality over looks about 80 % of the time, but to a certain extent I believe that there has to be at least some sort of physical attraction there. Would you like to date someone that you weren't attracted to at all?
    So take it from an average girl, l would rather date an average looking down to earth guy with a good sense of humour, also kind, caring and trustworthy. Than some good looking self absorbed pompous prick who thinks he's God's gift to women.
    What are looks without any personality?
    You don't have to be a Jensen Ackles, George Clooney or Channing Tatum lookalike.

• Exactly the same as hot girls. Shitty personality almost always.

• go into what?

• oh, yeah but i was asking. but if you don't have the time its ok lol

• I enjoy this mytake dude! lol (:

• Glad you enjoyed. subscribe if you want more quality content?

• Shallow people/empty souls care about looks, greed and material things. They have no awareness of spirituality or anything other than what their eyes can see. It's just their nature nothing can be done to help them.
    Deep people/souled people care about the soul and personality what really matters to other souled people.

• Who told you I didn't care about looks? I do.

• i've learnt it for mysekf. i've been dating for years now, you know.

• @BangBadBxtches they simply both matter for a healthy relationship

• BangBadBxtches, as you can see i'm under 18. do you think the hot girls i dated who don't care about looks are 30+? no, of course not. my experience has been with girls my age or at most 2 or 3 years older, but it applies to all women

• I disagree. A lot of us care about looks.

• do you now?

• @asker as you blocked that opinion...
      Wow... Thanks.
      By the way, Its the truth that hurts like shit not my comment.
      Some will go for money or success... but looks matter a lot. They just won't be outspoken about it like guys do.
      The guy you are considering unattractive maybe is hot to the girl. We dont have the girls eyes afterall... I think that, you might be thinking like this because you see the unattractive man with the attractive lady... but... but... thats according to you, not the girl.
      Well I have seen many Handsome guys with unattractive girls too...

• Jessicocoa, i suggest you block further responses so this idiot will stop spouting his nonsensical bs.

• I think it is a good thing! Girls have make up, guys don't...

• Looks matter to an extent. Everyone has their preference, but not all women want a chiseled 6' tall dude with massive muscles. Some like quirky, skinny, chubby, same height, shorter, etc. etc.

What Guys Said 10

• They do care about looks. Actually its fairly common for them to have HIGHER standards on looks when it comes to casual sex, they only lower those standards for relationships. So often times the guys they hookup with/have flings with are more attractive than the guys they seriously date.

Do I consider it good/bad?

I consider it bad if a girl see me as the type of guy she wants to take things slow with.
    I consider it ideal if a girl initially sees me as fling material and then wants more later. If she sees me as relationship material first then thats bad.

"My one night stands were with HOT men; men that I would have considered out of my league. Yeah, I would flirt with them but always assumed it would be fruitless merriment. I figured, “What the hell, at least I’ll have some fun.” Then BAM! To my amazement, they bit the line! These men were not Johnny Depp or a Greek Adonis, but as ordinary dudes go, they were definitely something to write home about {if you could write home about a one night stand}. When it came to hooking up, my partners prerequisite were higher; at least superficially, than those I deemed necessary in a man I was dating. Seems weird to see that admission in type but quite frankly my criteria for a man I had a one night stand with were all superficially higher; looks, swag, attitude, dress, etc. When dating, the qualities in the men I sought dealt more with depth of character and intellect."

dirtyinpublic.com/.../

• they don't care about looks, for relationships or for hookups. period.

• also, the very idea that women could have higher standards for looks than men, at all , is completely whack

• They do care.

• Whoever told you they don't care about looks lied to you. There's a reason why really good looking people generally date other really good looking people. Almost everyone dates somebody about the same level of attractiveness as themselves.

• that's a strange thing to say. i don't recall saying that someone told me this, i've been dating for over five years, and have been taking full advantage of the fact that women don't care about looks :P as for your comment about people dating other people who are about as attractive as them, well i have seen that from time to time so you're not completely off track. maybe the reason you keep getting turned down is because you personality isn't as great as you think it is, and you just think that they're rejecting you because of your looks?

• I never once said I've been rejected.

• 1) They care about looks. 2) Good looking guys can get laid, even by good looking girls that are using some other dude for his money...

• i'm not saying hot guys can't get laid, just that being hot alone isn't enough to get them laid or get a hot girlfriend, so the fact that women don't care about looks also has a downside.

• I'm a white American. Most girls will take "security" (money) over looks. Why is that surprising to you? It's not random. It's common knowledge. If you want a healthy relationship though you need to be a developed person with a personality, some sex appeal, a sense of humor, head on your shoulders, compromising, etc.

• you're american? what state do you live in where women are apprently so hung up on looks? and dont play dumb, you know very well what i meant by random. you brought money into the conversation for no apparent reason. nobody was talking about money and then you're like "yeah some women value money"

• They care a lot about looks. Not sure what u mean

• i mean they don't place a lot of importance on looks when it comes to dating. this is most noticable when you see hot girls with guys far less attractive than them. reminds me of some of my past relationships XD

• Truthhammer, I have already shared my opinion on this subject. I will not change my view. Granted, there are women like that around the world. But they are not all like that.

• @Shorty1991 of course not all.

but if she can, she's got the options and the ability, she will , like 98 percent of the time. also a lot of these women are western women who are entitled and previledged.

i read you guys are talking about me having bad experiences lol i beleived as this kid beleived as all men are conditioned to be. then i got to date a shit load of women... this young men will hurt himself from his delusional wishful beliefs.

• Someone horrendously lied to you...

• Bottomline: they do!
    Question is irrelevant.

• you know what? i'm sick of arguing with people on this question. i think we should just accept that we have strongly different beliefs.

• not a single thing i've said on this page was an assumption. i'm 100% sure im right about what i just told you. i would be my house on it, in fact

• bet* my house

• Anybody that says girls don't care about looks is sadly mistaken.

• really? so if someone more experienced than you tells you something different to what you believe, they must be mistaken? or are you gonna say that you're older than me so that automatically makes you more experienced?

• then read this: you can't argue with someone who has been with more girls and knows more about them than you. it just doesn't make sense

• So why are you trying with me?

• Sadly they do care about looks more than personally these days

• I'd rather someone who doesn't care... than someone who asks 1000 times every day "Am I fat?"...