Girls, I have been asked to go around her house for dinner - what should I take?

I have never been invited round for a dinner date before so I am not sure I am following the correct procedure here! Should i have said (when asked if i wanted to go) whether she wants me to bring anything or not? I was just going to take a really nice bottle of wine and maybe some flowers with me. Is it too late to ask her if she wants me to bring anything?

Thanks

3

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think it's too late at all and a nice hostess gift is always appreciated.

• should i bring both flowers and wine or one or the other?

• I think just one thing is sufficent but you also understand your relationship with her best.

• You wouldn't be expected to bring anything but wine and flowers will be appreciated as a very thoughtful gesture.

• It usually goes - you ask her to be polite. She says don't worry, just bring yourself to be polite. You bring flowers, or you bring wine or chocolate to enjoy after the meal.