What makes a guy buy gifts for someone he's only started dating?

1st date he gave me Lilies. 2nd date he gave me Roses. 3rd date he wanted to go shopping so I could choose a designer handbag, but I refused. 4th date he gave me lingerie...
We're both in our 40's, he says he likes to treat people well... on each date he picks me up, go for a meal, go for drinks and he drives me home. One occasion he cooked the meal at his home usually it's a restaurant.
Should I just appreciate he likes me and he's a really good guy whose treating me well or is this too much too soon?
We kiss but nothing physical so far, he has asked I stay at his a few times but I've refused.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the handbag and lingerie is a little much starting off. But getting someone a small gift each time you see them (especially if you don't see them or talk to them much during the week) is just a good way to show you care and give you something to look at to make you smile and think of him too.

Most Helpful Girl

• enjoy it my mom does.

What Guys Said 2

• Just enjoy the fact that he is treating you well. It would appear that you aren't used to this , therefore you don't trust it.

• This is how women should be courted.
    Don't blame a good guy cause all the others are jerks, have no manners and thats what you expect.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he's a gentleman, and maybe he's trying to impress, or both:)