Do guys like girls who takes martial arts?

I used to be a 3rd degree black belt in jujitsu, a purple belt in tae kwon do and a green belt in MMA, and I always fear that guys will get intimidated by me and think I'm too violent or masculine to date. When a guy asks me what I do in my free time, I say I'm in the dojo practicing and improving my physical abilities since it's what I mainly do. Then his face looks slightly red and his eyes saying,"Uh oh, this chick is Jackie Chan and she'll kill me,"then he'll make an excuse to leave and never come back, leaving me confused and hurt. So should I keep my martial arts as a secret or something?

2nd degree. Not third degree. That was a serious typo, and sorry if you guys thought I was lying about third degree but that would take like 4 or more years for me to get. A second degree is possible if you pour your heart in martial arts and did martial arts every single day. It's like how Gabby Douglas won a gold medal at a young age, my age I believe, and there's much more older women who won gold medals than her. But yes, I was a former second degree. Not a third degree. Nowhere near that.
And I'm well aware that MMA, a regular dojo, does not have a belt system, but at Elite Martial Arts in my area, they have a belt system.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's very sexy. I also find it very attractive when a girl had a passion for something. Definitely stick to your goals and don't hide who you are and what you do! The guys who walk away on you are complete douchebags. There will be men out there who respect you for who you are.

What Guys Said 17

• I think this is mainly an issue with shy and insecure boys.

These guys are probably already a bit afraid of girls and adding that you can kick their ass will not make them feel more comfortable.

To me personally it would feel like a bonus knowing that my girlfriend was capable of protecting herself.

• I'm going to join the military so I might as well condition myself in unarmed combat, and I can't rely on somebody to protect me and I don't want a guy to handle a bully or attacker for me because I'm afraid he'll get hurt but I don't want to feel like I'm emasculating him or hurting his manly pride.

• @Phoenix98 My martial arts background doesn't lie just in the dojo. My dad was a MP, so he taught me what they taught him. I blend a variety of martial arts in my routine, and it's a good way how to be flexible and light footed. I never use what my dad taught me because I fear of killing somebody and I'll only use it if I'm in legitimate danger, which hasn't happened yet.

• @asker that's good, though I'd rely mostly on what you father taught you and not what your dojo taught you, as I said above most dojo's have massacred martial arts, it's little more then entertainment now a days.

• Nah I like it when gals have experience in physical activities such as martial arts, bodybuilding/working out or just simple stuff like hiking or biking it provides things for us to do together or things I could teach them and get them into.

• I used to do martial arts so someone like you would be a great friend, but as for other people I know they can be really distant since they see martial arts as only for violence. If you don't want them to think you can break their arm by breathing on it, I suggest you try to make it like not a big deal. Don't say you were black belt in jujitsu unless they ask, just be like "hey i used to kinda do sum stuff"

• My word I do :D

The amount of girls I've dated who tell me "you're going to have to cut back your training and spend more time with me" is ridiculous.

• Like right here I normally don't let anyone in on what I know when it comes to fighting a fight and really there is no point in telling others because sooner rather than later there will always be somebody show up wanting to prove them selves to the rest of the world.

• If a guy hits on you and you proceed to kick his ass, it will probably turn me on.

• Well I know I do, but I've always loved martial arts.. ^.^
    I can't speak for other guys though.

• As long as she doesn't show up with that ridiculous kung-fu-looking thingy-suit on because it looks ridiculous

• Lol xD those things are such a hassle to get on and get off.

• Lol good then there's no reason a good guy wouldn't do it.

Just promise not to kick his ass too much, k?

• love it,

girls who do martial arts are coincidentally very down to earth, and repsectful... i alway ssee at least one sexy chick at a martial arts establishment

• That's pretty badass. Yeah I like that lol

• Women who can kick ass are the best!

• As a black belt in Tae kwon do, normally I find it cute to hear. In your case, I respect your dedication. I'm impressed you can defend yourself. I don't think most men care.

• No i like it cuz i use to be martial art when i was kid. I had two black belt.

• yea bruv

• far as i'm concerned, less chance of you being health nut.

• This is false. There's no way a GOOD jiu jitsu instructor will give an 18 year old a black belt. I do jii jitsu; I know. My school is a Pedro Sauer affiliate. Also, there's no such things as belts in MMA. It stands for mixed martial arts. It's no single discipline.

• It's possible. It depends on how experienced you are because my friend, well more like colleague in ROTC, is a 2nd degree in jujitsu. My dojo wasn't really called MMA, but it was a blend of martial arts, not like karate or tae kwon do, but like sivalt, wing chun, Brazilian jujitsu and tai chi. So to me, it was mixed martial arts. Besides, I took jujitsu very seriously, and I've taken martial arts when I was two or three. my sensei was very good, and I trained every single day all my life and pushed myself to become better. A lot of people would have rolled their eyes at Gabby Douglas who wanted to become the best gymnast and win the gold medal. Me getting a third or fourth degree would be impossible, but getting past at least a first degree would make me happy. As I said, it depends on the dojo and all my hard training has paid off, and it was not easy at all.

• And I'm aware that there's no belts in a regular MMA place and there's no straightforward discipline, but Elite Martial arts do have a belt system, around in my state and in my town they do. Besides, I have no life and all I did was martial arts, train, martial arts and train for about 15-16 years every single day in my life, and my dad was a martial arts nut and I was expected to make it past a 1st degree because I come from a a line of martial artists, so it's kind of expected of me to be a prodigy in martial arts. None of them are famous of course because they don't like the concept of doing martial arts as a show for entertainments

• I'm a first degree black belt in martial arts, have a year of Brazilian ji juitsu, and will be starting at an mma school next week so I'm used to being around female's who at least have some idea of how to fight. I'd definitely like the idea of dating someone like that.

What Girls Said 4

• Those guys are insecure and I don't know about you, but those are the guys I am not interested in. Personally I think it's awesome if a girl can protect herself. I know a lot of guys that like a girl who can kick their ass so don't let them get to you or stop you from doing what you love.

• I really think you should not let these insecure guys get into you. I do several sports and I box too. Confident guys find that sexy. Especially the athletic ones, because they understand where you coming from. Don't let them stop you from doing what you like because they simply jealous and can't have it ;)

• Some guys like it (mostly submissive guys) ;)

• But I'm not a dominant girl and I want some who's dominant but can be submissive; an equal.

• I see, ok, maybe you'll find such a guy somewhere, I wish you good luck :)

• I like girls who take martial arts.