Do you think it's better to date/marry your own race?

I mean race/ethnicity lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's best to date/marry who you love and have a connection with.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes and no.
    Dating/marrying within our own race generally leads to more stable marriages due to the cultural similarities (I'm making an assumption here and I understand race doesn't equal to ethnicity), plus in some cultures both parties are reluctant to seek a divorce due to the social pressure exerted by friends and family - so they will work out a solution.
    However, studies have shown that as education levels increase race becomes less and less of a factor - i. e., interracial couples are much more common when people obtain a high degree of education, possibly because they are more open and understand that race/colour preference isn't that much of a deal.

So to answer your question, it all depends on your socioeconomic backgrounds. There is no generalized yes or no for every one, as we are all different human beings.

What Guys Said 22

• No I think that's kind of limiting yourself and your own happiness there are many beautiful/handsome and wonderful men and women from all sorts of races.

• only ever met women from the 'human race'

• No I think it's best to not restrict yourself to race, but hey people are them. They can do as they please. I'm attracted to all races though.

• Hate your own race then you hate yourself, Have no respect for your race then you have no respect for yourself, Have no pride in your race then you have no pride in yourself.
    Internalized racism is pathetic, So better make sure you are doing things for the right reasons at least.

• I'll never get married and judging by my past love life that doesn't exist probably won't date either. But assuming I did either I feel I would have more in common with my own ethnicity and whom I'm more attracted to than anyone else. So the answer for me is yes for me it would be.

• I'm just more attracted to white women, and tend to have more in common with them than women of other races anyway so we get along better. Plus there's no tension from racist parents/grandparents, no drama.

• It depends on the person really. I think having a different language, culture and religion is what makes interracial dating hard. So some people may prefer to date their own race, only because they will have more in common.

• It better to marry someone who really loved you and you loved them back. Race is like 1/10 of the factor.

• no
    cutting out a chance of meeting someone terrific.. because of skin colour... is stupid

• Maybe, I'm no expert I mean I live in an area that's basically all white so I don't have much choice there's a small middle Asian community but they barely speak English and wear full hijab so In my case It would be best.

• It's proven it is. Interacially marriage have much higher divorce rate.

But any race with an Asian women success rate increases.

• I do. No problems finding things in common, same beliefs, avoid a million different cultural problems and family problems. Plus your kids look like you both and no-one feels excluded or isolated. It's the only way in my mind

• Yeah it is... Imagine trying to marry a Goat or... wait... you don't mean Human Race do you? Sigh here we go again... I'll just grab my popcorn and read comments before I say something obscene/crazy/outlandish again >.>

• LOL nooo I mean race/ethinicty. If a human does marry an animal it would be very disturbing o_0.

• No not really, but i have dated a lot of races, and i want to try my own ethnic group now

• Depends I mean I don't really care but it does make it more comfortable I think when it's your same race.

• Obligatory race question of the day. I'm cool with people that date other races, we're all great apes anyway.

• under the advice of others... or on your own volition

• I would NEVER say is BETTER to marry into your own race. I think people should marry someone that makes them happy. So if your'e white and like black people or hispanic and like Asian, I say go for it.

• I mean get who ever you can... lol

• It depends on your preferences.

• I am a European mutt (Italian, German, Irish) so I already know a similar thought had occured with my ancestors. They would have heard detractors to keep from mixing, but they stayed with who made them happy and now I am here. Today interracial couple's will hear people saying that it is "wrong," but the chemical in the brain called love and the advantages of potential mixed offspring for those who want children far outweigh the detractors.

• Yes, Date/Marry Within Your Own Race

What Girls Said 16

• I think it's better to date/marry someone who makes you happy, treats you right, and loves you unconditionally. It doesn't matter what race they are.

• I really have a problem with people dating outside of their race. Man should not mate with, dogs, birds, cars, etc...

• It all depends on a person's preference and where they live. I don't find white guys unattractive, but it takes much more "interesting" features (for lack of a better term) for one to catch my attention as opposed to individual Latin or Asian men I've found attractive.

• Better for whom?

I personally date only white men of cultures I'm reasonably familiar with.

I think it's best to date/marry whoever the fuck you want.

• yes, but depends on you. for me it's a yes bcoz you're already knows his heritage and culture, so not complicated. But still... if in my country, the same race/ethnicity is also have different culture based on the states, so... it's kinda the same thing like marry different race too

• It doesn't matter. As long as you're both human and speak the same language there shouldn't be a problem

• No I prefer Latinos.

• I dont mind dating other race.

• Date/Marry who you love. Nothing matters besides that matters.

• That's always the best option.

• If you want attention, you would want white guy. If you don't have money, you would end up with black guy, and if you don't have look, you would end up with Latino or Asian.

• Race is irrelevant when it comes to love affairs.

• No, love has no color!

• For some people, yes, but from a personal standpoint, it's better to date/marry somebody who loves you for who you are regardless of race. So at the end of the day, it really depends on the individual and what they think is best for them

• yes, it's better

• Yes i do