Dating/ my cousin is now a Bishop?

My Mom's cousin is now a Bishop in the Roman Catholic Church.

Mmost people dont like Catholics especially the people I know as I'm not religious. My boyfriend didn't like seeing a quote from St Francis on my grandmother's obit.

Be honest, would it weird you out if your SO's close family was that high up in the Catholic Church?

What Guys Said 1

• Meh, your mom's cousin is far enough removed that it really shouldn't matter.

• I guess my boyfriend has to go. He already saw a picture of me and my sister with one of the most powerful Cardinals in the Church. He presided over my sisters confirmation before getting a leg up.

My Mom's family is close so there isn't any keeping it from him.

• That's a bit drastic... who cares that someone who is barely related to you is moderately high in a church? This isn't something that will come up every day in your relationship. It's not a big deal at all.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, it would. But for irrelevant reasons.
    If he really likes you, I doubt that he is going to let something like that separate you.