Why do white boyfriends always place their hands on your leg?

I am a black girl , and this is my second interracial relationship, and I notice that both men always have their hands on my leg, be it driving, sitting, in the movies.
I don't want to bring it up, because I don't want my relationship feel like I am comparing him to another lover, or a black man. Can someone please explain?

Also, I get really uncomfortable when people stare at us, I mean it is 2016, this isn't uncommon. However, because of the constant staring and looks we get, I do not show very much affection in public. Also, I grew up in the caribbean and we are not use to having PDA's. He is a really sweet guy, I don't want him to feel like I am rejecting him in public, because he likes showing affection in public.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a sign of love, or affection! Simple as that! I'm a white guy who doesn't see color either. He is also telling other guys "your his woman! Back off!" Have pride your man feels that way. If you are not comfortable with public shows of affection, tell him so. Some women, and men just are not into that. But give him something to keep him there or he might be gone. I didn't think "hand on leg" was a racial, or cultural thing. ?

What Guys Said 10

• I don't think this is just a white thing, but those guys do that cause they wanna feel close to you; it's like a connection.

Explain to him why you don't display much affection in public, I'm sure he'll understand.
    And about those staring, just ignore them, they're unhappy little racist.

• probably just like being affectionate or something. Don't think I really do this sort of thing personally.

• Because we want to touch our girlfriend... I always held my girlfriends hand when I drove

• i do it too

• Because guys like girls legs and just touching their gf's in general

• You answered you're own question in your description

Its quite simple to understand cultural differences. If they dont PDA in the Caribbean, doesn't mean its like that across the whole world

• Because it's a sign of affection. If it bothers you, just tell him. He probably thinks you like it.

• Dont take this as an offense but i have never seen a hot black person be it guy or girl with an attractive white person, almost every single interacial realtionship i've witnessed happened between an attractive white person and not so attractive black person and this is not even me pretty much everyone i know agrees on this, I don't know why it just happens, i am sure its different somewhere else but this happens to be the case in my situations , which could be the reason why people stare at you, maybe one of you is less attracrive ( it doesn't have to be you ) so they find it weird that you/him went through all the toubles to date each other when looks wise you dont match.

As for touching you... well why wouldn't i want to touch my gf?

• I am a white male who has never been in a relationship, so I am as curious as you are. Also if you're not much of a public affection shower it isn't a big deal, just tell him why.

• Which island are you from?

• Petit Martnique

• Cool, I'm from Trinidad but dating a white girl who loves PDA.

What Girls Said 4

• The hand on the leg is just casual affection, very ordinary for couples. Didn't know this had anything to do with race, just how comfortable you are with your partner.
    As for people looking at you guys, screw them. You don't need approval in love :)

• I only asked because I never experienced it with a black male, and my other friends in interracial couples said the same thing too. I was just curious, thanks for your input.

• If he does it in public, it is both a subtle way to show "possession" of you as his girl as well as a way to show affection. I actually love this move :)

• I didn't know it was a racial thing, I think they just wanna touch you

• Just explain your feelings to him

• For guys it's a contact thing, he probably really cares about you and just wants to assure himself that you're actually there