Why do guys wait until they get rejected to learn their lesson?

When a girl has shown that is not interested in getting serious with you why wait until she tells you that she's not interested in order to stop pursuingg her?

What Guys Said 2

• Because maybe you haven't shown her everything you're capable of, so you keep trying until she says no. Many guys have gotten "uninterested" signals from girls, but kept trying and in the end they ended up together.
    Same thing has happened with girls giving signals to guys (in my case, this girl kept wanting something, I kept saying no, and even after I did her wrong, she kept on coming).

• "When a girl has shown that is not interested in getting serious with you why wait until she tells you that she's not interested in order to stop pursuingg her?"

Because we have no idea what "a girl has shown" even means.

News flash: we do not have E. S. P. and we are not clairvoyant.

When she tells me she isn't interested, well, that's clear and understood.

What Girls Said 1

• Because they want to hear it from the girl. If she doesn't make it clear to him that she is not interested, there will be "what ifs" in their heads.