Online dating? Opinions?

What do you think of online dating? Have you ever met somebody you ended up being serious with from there?

Most Helpful Guy

• so online dating is a different experience for guys and girls.

for guys:
    the vast majority of girls are fat/ugly. not trying to insult anybody but that´s just how it is. now there are of course some decent looking girls on there but those fall under one of those cathegories:
    1: the catfish: fotoshopped herself much more attractive, you will be shocked.
    2: the gold digger: won´t event text you back, if you don´t put your income on your profile
    3: the maniak: some mental disorder, that will become obvious within the very first dates
    4: the scam fake: just there to make you sign into a payed dating site, where she´s just "waiting" for you. (this is 80-90% of the decent looking girls)
    5: the catch: yes, they exist, the actually attractive, nice girls you´d really want to date (about 1% of them)

Online dating for girls:
    you will experience some catfishes and maniacs on there too but really, the vast majority of guys is on there to have sex with you. most of them won´t even bother to hide it. it´s unlikely to find the one that actually looks for something serious that isn´t some psychopath.

i have met some girls from there and most of them were "ok" but i only meet them after like a month of texting so i can be sure she´s not mental.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup. One was a six month thing that just sort of fell apart, as things may no matter how you meet. The other is a guy I'm with now for over a year, deeply in love and very happy.

In between the longer relationships, I had fun, lots of dates and never took it hard when things didn't work out.

What Guys Said 9

• I mean, tinder is about as little effort/ not really online dating as it comes and it has worked out for me. I actually dated two girls on there, one for almost a year and we only broke up due to moving. Though that is likely an extreme minority, especially with guys on there...

Guys have it rough on online dating because hardly any girls match/ show interest back. Girls have it tough because thy match with virtually every guy, and must weed out the ones that are actually nice from the hordes of fuckboys- all from texting..

• On line dating is the best, or a complete waste of time. There are a lot of cheaters, and a lot of people just playing that are to afraid to meet with you. That said, if you don't go to the bar, and don't date where you work, you can find wonderful, (and not do) people just like you! The last 4 women I've dated, I meet online. Been with the current for almost a year now.

• Im a fan. Met my wife that way

• i've always been sceptical of online dating as i personally feel i can't make a proper connection with someone through a screen, so the result could only be shallow or cosmetic. however, one could argue that every relationship starts that way..

• If you're a woman, odds are in your favor. Prepare for a shitload of messages. Lol.

• Happened when i was a teen/young adult.
    It only made us suffer because distance.

• Of course I've meet my soul mate on GAG, and we still dating each other, Online dating is possible!

• Boosts females egos. Bad for men's self esteem even though he's too good for her

• Not for me thank you. I like the old fashioned way and I would never want to tell my kids, when they would ask me where I met their mother, that I met her online

What Girls Said 2

• Many people catfish so yeah I'm not feeling it too much. I wanna meet people but u can see if it works out for u good lcuk

• I don't like online dating. Be prepared to really have to sell yourself... you'll have lots of competition. In my experience, guys talk to a lot of girls at once. I wish I could just meet someone the old fashioned way. Best of luck to you!