How do I befriend this lonely guy?

I added this guy that I recognized from my summer job on MySpace. I want to message him but I don't know what to say. On his status' it always says things like how bored he is and he is lonely and nobody every texts him back.

I would love to hang out with him just to be nice but I think its too early cause we really don't know each other.

Please help me befriend this lonely guy!

okay I added him and then I commented his status which was something like: bored at work.text I said well you can't be too bored if your on the internet. Then I think it was his ex girlfriend rang in with "dork"

What should I say now? I don't like that this girl is calling him names!

Most Helpful Girl

• Start talking to him. If he doesn't like you, he'll quite responding. Eventually, you'll just be able to tell if hanging out would be too awkward. Invite him out with some of your friends. The worst he can do is say no. Then, you can always make a 2nd or 3rd offer.

What Guys Said 1

• If he's bored and lonely it won't take much to get his attention. Just start talking, say hey what's up and see where the conversation goes. Ask him to go do something fun! Don't make it harder than it actually is, its easy ;)

What Girls Said 2

• hmm. I wouldn't have anything to say after that.

• just start talking to him. if he's so bored and lonely he'll probably jump at the offer to hang out