Girl says she just wants to be single because she is scared of getting hurt, but continues to show interest in me?

so me and this girl met through a mutual friend and we hung out a couple times. we both enjoyed spending time with eachother and then one night she just stopped talking to me and the next day she sent me a long message about how she didn't want anything because she is scared of getting hurt again and how she just wanted to be single. I told her I understood and then backed off and she continued to snapchat me everyday and text me every once in awhile. I began to think that she just wanted to be friends, but then I went to her birthday party and I talked to her very little and left without saying bye. she still showed interest in me and it confused me a lot and this is why I avoided her. after this I haven't said anything to her and have been ignoring her because I don't really know what else to do. I still really like her, but I'm not sure if I should try again because the last time I tried to get close to her she got scared and it was a bad experience. what should I do? should I text her and try to talk to her? or should I just keep ignoring her and let her come to me?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say just talk to her about it. She can't go her whole life avoiding whats real, especially when you deserve to know what's happening. She probably just wants to keep you around until she's not afraid anymore.

What Girls Said 2

• You Need to decide if you want to be with her and whether or not the relationship could last. She wanted reassurance from you that you wouldn't hurt her and that you'd wait for a relationship if need be. She obviously still likes you and it's pretty hurtful of you (even if you didn't realise or intend to) when you ignore or avoid her. You should text her and maybe explain why you haven't been your normal self as regards to talking to her. Tell her what your feeling. Probably best to be friends first and if it happens partner's second.

• Tl;dr but I got the gist. She wants you to truly prove you aren't a player or will hurt her. if you like her continue to show her you aren't like her past experiences.

What Guys Said 1

• It sounds like a reasonable amount of time has passed since she sent you that long message to start talking to her a little bit more again. I wouldn't keep ignoring her, she clearly likes you as a friend at least so keep going with that until you feel like you're getting enough signs from her to try again. She will come round if she likes you enough :) she will want to be in a relationship again eventually