Is it hard to be with a girl who has moodswings?

I know all girls are a little hormonal at times. But is it hard to deal with a girls mood swings? I was seeing this guy and I kind of took his head of for taking ages to reply to me. I took it really personally and it was building up until I snapped. I told him I didn't want to see him anymore which I now regret.

I've always had a problem controlling my mood swings because maybe I'm a little insecure so instead of thinking about in a rational way. I'm get so upset and then burst. Because I think I'm a really nice person and snapping at others just makes me feel even worse about myself.

As a guy is it difficult to be with this type of girl? And if she behaves like that do you thing she's crazy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really, most mood-swings are brought on by hormones, lack of rest, something bothering them that they are not willing to share at the moment.

If you recognize them for what they are and not get all defensive or nasty towards her for any reason, and just ask her what is up?

She will normally tell you what is going on. As long as you don't escalate the issue by being an ass then usually she will come around and talk to you!

Most Helpful Girl

• It's hard to be friends with, the daughter of, and the sister of women who have mood swings... I love them anyways and they are good people. We can often times talk it out. Or I don't put up with it. There has to be a balance of understanding what the girl is going through and if she's being unreasonable in which case I don't have to take that shit, because sometimes it's really unfair and uncalled for. I try not to confront the situation in the moment though.

What Guys Said 12

• It may sound strange, but I actually am attracted to that.. I usually end up dating quiet women that do everything and then blow up at the end. I'd prefer someone like me that tries to be rational but then says fuck it and puts it all on the table now, instead of months or years later.

• From what I know, and I don't have much insight on that, this happens often out of discomfort. So I have two things to suggest:
    Either you don't let yourself be put in a situation in which you feel uncomfortable, which will require (and eventually lead to more) self-confidence, or you, and the person dear to you, find a way to effectively deal with it. Like, let's say you had another outburst, and he invites you out, to help you get your calm back, and actually have something to make you happy with.

• Nobody has to deal with your hormonal fluctuations lady. Learn to control it quickly.

• Thats easier said than done sometimes you can't control your mood swings. And being a man you have no idea how much our bodies change.

• Maybe, but as a man with legs, I can use them to go elsewhere. I don't mean to say that the problem doesn't exist. I mean to say it is not mine to deal with... We all have problems of our own. We all have to deal with them. Having periods does not give you the right to treat people like shit. You are responsible of keeping it under control or suffer the consequences.

• I've had my share of bipolar bat shit crazy. A good example would be a past girlfriend who tossed my microwave out of the 2nd floor window. The relationship had it's good and bad points until I just couldn't deal with the instability.

• I would never be with someone who has mood swings. That is beyond irritating and I don't have time for that.

• When girls act like to me I just laugh at them and let them see how stupid they're acting. 😂

• Nothing a good, firm, smack to the face can't solve, followed by a kiss and a good bang.

• There's only so much patience a person can have with someone, if they like you enough maybe they will stay longer, but personally i have not a lot of patience and will not stay if i get treated badly just because of a mood swing.

• You should find a guy who plays in swing as well as the outswing. But you must be observant of the reverse swing. That is not everyones cup of tea. Sometimes you get it and sometimes you just can't dig it out.

• Yes it's a problem and I wouldn't put up with it for long

• What difference does it make? Its not like im ever going to be in a relationship either way

• Very difficult! But in my case, turned out she was bipolar, and mentally slow (to put it mildly).

What Girls Said 4

• Well yes and no. At times I would go off for no reason at all then we would laugh at it afterwards, but then there were times where I would go bat shit fucking crazy on him for no reason at all. Found out I was bipolar and all of that has stopped. lol

• This is what I like to call "a test" for relationships if that makes sense. Every girl has mood swings, even me. I go crazy when I am a nervous wreck (which is rare) and I usually go on my "mood swings" to see if that person cares enough to stay around during these times (I know it's kinda devious, but it works).

Every girl is different when dealing with mood swings and if you think it's something that is medical, go to a doctor. Other than that, if a guy cares about you, then he wouldn't care.

For example, I was going crazy out of nervousness because of my major test and he stood by me through this even though I was going literally crazy. Then, I went back to being myself and it was all done.

So, be yourself and don't change yourself. But like I said, if you think if it's a medical reason, go to a doctor. Other than that, a guy would like you for the way you are (:

• I haven't meant many girls that don't have mood swings. But if it's serious mood swings, then you need to go to a shrink. Of course it's difficult to deal with that type of girl. It's difficult to deal with them in a friend way

• It's a challenge for guys, try to talk things out instead of letting it build up. Not only is it upsetting for him but it will drain you if you let yourself do that. Take care of yourself hun!