My boyfriend and I go hours sometimes without talking is that normal?

Is it normal for couples to not be talking all the time?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it's normal because things come up like work, family friends and just being busy. Just as long you and communicate everyday then that is good.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course its normal, and honestly its not a great thing to talk ALL THE TIME.. Yes every day, but not all day long.. Trust me.. Things will get boring.. I don't know about you, but I'm in a long distance relationship, and as you know, those relationships needs lots of communication and talking daily to each other coz its the only way to actually stay in touch.. But even though we are in that situation, we don't talk ALL THE TIME... I must study and sit with the family, he must do that too, so we give space for each other, time to miss each other, BUT we make time for each other every day!

What Guys Said 9

• I generally believe if you can remain in comfortable silence with someone then everything's not only normal, everything's great.

• yep, being comfortable is silence is really important, if you can only be together when you're talking nonstop then you're gotta run out of things to say eventually, then what?

• The initial length of talking shortens as you go back to living normal lives. Your conversations should get more meaningful as you get closer to marriage, assuming you want marriage.

• Sure is... I am a firm believer that sometimes silence is golden with couples. You don't always have to be talking to be connected.

• Some couples work and survive up to 8hrs not talking. It doesn't mean that he doesn't love you!

• It's been proven that 70% of the time a male significant other is not with you or communicating with you he is balls deep in one of his "friends" from school.

• This became an issue with me girlfriend.

I told her my day doesn't consist of talking to her while I wait for bedtime

• Yup, absolutely and sometimes it's a wonderful thing.

• back in the day before txting

guy " see u later "
    girl " okay babe "

later meant later lol.

its normal.

What Girls Said 6

• My boyfriend and I go days without talking so... there's that.

• I'm sorry, I don't think you have a boyfriend but a friend with benefits. unless he's on a deployment there's no excuse

• @Prettygurl12 that's called an excuse. I spend some time at the Mojave Desert for training 2669 miles away from Jersey and still made the time and effort to talk to my SO even if it was a quick message or an email.

• @Marttinez Good for you. This works for us.

• Sure, yeah. Both my partner and I are pretty quiet people and evenings can pass with us being near each other and touching but not necessarily speaking.

• It's totally normal! And it's a good thing because it means you have lives apart from each other. It's only a challenge if you want to talk to him more than he cares to talk to you or vice versa.

• I hope so.

• Are you serious?

• It depends.. I mean if he works a lot then yea. But if he doesn't , and he's free.. Then I would consider that a problem.