How long do I wait while seeing a guy for him to start getting more serious with us? like Boyfriend/Girlfriend status?

I've been seeing a guy for 5 months in college (we're exclusive), we go on dates every week, I sleepover a lot, and we've had sex, we just cuddle and watch tv, everything you'd expect a boyfriend/Gf to do, except when i bring up being that, he says he doesn't know, or he needs more time. But i've only brought it up twice, mostly cause i assumed we were after 4 months, but quickly found out that wasn't the case. I dont know how long to "wait" for him to catch up to where i am with us, but do i keep bring it up? I really like him, but at the same time i dont want to keep falling for him, and him not be falling for me. It's confusing cause im really happy with us, and how he treats me execpt i dont like not being able to define us as bf/gf. there isn't a lot of romantic emotion with us, but thats the one thing i can get him to talk about (i dont push much either) but i want us to be getting more serious, with that stuff cause i really do like him. I think its because he had a long term 2-3 year exGF, and their breakup really hurt him, but that was a year ago, and not to be weird but im much prettier than she is. Any advice on how to get us more serious?

What Guys Said 2

• There is no certain period of time, but if you feel the relationship has become stagnant or he is comfortable with this level of intimacy then he either needs to put forth effort, at least talk about it with you, or it may be time to move on. Maybe ask him why he does not want to move on to a more serious relationship with you

• He's worried that you'll change once you feel you've got him "locked in"

What Girls Said 1

• I would pull back. I'm not really into trying to convince a guy I'm worth it. If he's been hanging around you that long and hasn't seen fit to make you his official girl yet even though he knows that's what you want, then he might just be playing you. It don't take a guy that long to claim a girl if he really wanna be with her.