Guys, are there really young guys in there early to late 20s that want to be in a real relashionship?

I dated older guys. But lately I've been getting approached by guys a little younger than me. So now im wondering should i give it a shot. They say they are looking for a relationship but i find it a little hard to believe. I think at that age younger guys want to be free.

Im 27. I've been getting hit on by a 23 yr old. I gave him a chance. He said he liked me then went m. i. a for three days. Doesn't drink says he doesn't go to clubs he's mostly a homebody. But im starting to regret it a little. This is what triggered this question. Because he did say he wants a relashionship he doesn't like flings because he catches feelings. But i heard that plenty of times. Wondering if i made a mistake?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I want to be in a relationship and there's a good chance it's going to happen.

Your intuitions are for the most part correct. Many guys aren't quite mature enough to settle down because they are barely growing into themselves and learning what it feels like to be desired. Perspective must be developed to know what's worth pursuing.

In my case, I've asked out older women (late 20's) and as the obviously younger counterpart with a good head on my shoulders, I thought it would work. It turned out not to be the case. My body wanted sex all along and attraction quickly dissipated thereafter. No amount of reasoning could fix that.

Now I'm a bit older and know exactly what I want in a girl, and once she's in my life, I'll do everything in my power to make her feel loved. That's the attitude you want to see in a guy who claims to be serious.

• The guy i went out with he held my hand in public opened doors. And likes to spend time with me outside. But im still iffy on this because he went m. i. a for three days. And his reason was something happened at work and he's been feeling down Thats why he didn't respond. But even that is. You can still send some type if text saying something but keep it short

• I sent u a follow

What Guys Said 15

• I really do, hell I want to be married by 25, and I have turned down friends with benefits type deals, that being said I do value looks a lot and admit if I'm going to spend my life with a girl she must be at least a 7 looks wise, skinny frame, beautiful face, etc. and honestly, it seems like the guys I know (the few) who do want legit relationships seem to also admit the high standards on looks. I think it's that given we only want one, we expect more looks wise etc.

• yes but the thing is there's a 3way split for guys in their 20s. there's 1. the guys that dont have problems getting girls they want and are either faithful or cheat. 2. the guys that are done with trying to look for something serious and are outright looking for sex or 3. the guys that realize most girls his age are playing games and want a older woman because she's less likely to be doing so.

• yes i believe so, because i am one, i have tried flings/hookups and they never work because i either end up catching feelings or im just not into it, and honestly its the worst to hookup with someone and end up falling for them haha im currently in that boat with my best friend and its a tough one for sure.

• There's a few out there

• Yes! I was first married at 20. All I've ever wanted was to be a good husband and father.

• I would like to be in a real relationship in the near future

• Well I'm turning 19 in a little while and I'd like to be in a real relationship. I'm just not interested in casual dating and hooking up. It isn't fun to me

• yes they exist, infact to be honest i was one of them and was actually had the problem of over dependancy, so you might need to be carful in the opposite direction.

• I'm 16, and I want to be in a serious relationship, but I'm not, I gots school bruh, so I'm chillin.

• Well I have done since I was 25. Some guys do even younger.

• ROFL, it's like you described me exactly in the update. Only exception is that I drink.

• Maybe there r... but its fact that it must be so rare

• Yes, you should give em a chance.

• I would like to be I guess. I just got too many fcking issues man.

• How old are you?