Are clingy people hard to date?

I'm not clingy I think but I'm curious a different point. My friend just dumped this guy because he was being clingy but to me he seemed like a great guy. But she said he drained her. Do clingy girls/ guys turn you off them? If there constantly texting you etc

What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Really depends on who you're dating.

Some people are really independent so clinginess is unattractive. Other love the co-dependent factor some relationships can bring, so they see being clingy as a good thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• They are a pain in the ass to date. They are usually extremely insecure and sometimes it can feel like working a full time job in order to satisfy them.

What Guys Said 2

• its about compatibility.

how close you stay with whoever is probably a reflection of how you're raised.

• well what may be clingy to you, might not be clingy for somebody, it depends.

What Girls Said 1

• It can be draining when someone's emotionally clingy and insecure, I like a partner to independent and not stifle me by wanting to be constantly by my side or texting and phoning. I like my own space