What is a good reason to have a boyfriend?

I'm not against guys, i don't hate them, but i just don't see the point of having a boyfriend. I've had 8 boyfriends and i was honestly never happy having them. The way i see it, i won't have drama, jealousy and communication issues. It was nice to have someone make me smile and laugh but it's so much than that, and it freaks me out. I fell in love 3 times and of course i had my heart broken. For me it was emotionally draining. Im not scared to open my heart again but i just want some time for myself. I just don't want to deal with that, if he's gonna hang out with me or his friends, if his family hates me or my family hates him, what are we doing later on, why wasn't i answering my phone, blah blah blah. It's just too much for me.
FYI, i wasn't a needy or a cheating girlfriend, i was always told i was a good and sweet girlfriend. I just feel like i should focus on me right now.
I brought this up because my dad wants to have a boyfriend, he thinks it'll make me happy but i told him it won't. He says just to have someone to talk to and hang out with.
I don't hate guys and i don't think they're the worst, i know girls are the same as well.

What Guys Said 2

• I think its fine to just concentrate on yourself. You're an adult now, and the only person who determines who you date or don't date right now should be you.

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ someone to buy you expensive shit?

What Girls Said 0