How long did it take you to fall in love with your SO?

How many months in the relationship did you realize you were in love with your SO?

Most Helpful Guy

• We started out as just friends who hung out a little more than average. It took some
    time (months) for us to realize that it could in fact be more, but we were pretty young when we first me, you see, so that is to be expected.

Most Helpful Girl

• About ten years! We've known one another since he was six and me five. When I was 15 I realized I loved my BFF more than just a best friend, I didn't say anything to him because we couldn't date until I turned sixteen. I talked to my Mom about him a lot, she just told me; "Girl, you know he loves you the same way too. I see it, the way he looks at you!" She was right, when I asked him he said yes, he didn't want to ruin our friendship so he never hinted about it to me either. We got married last summer, July 11th, he's still and always will be my best friend in the whole world!!

What Guys Said 14

• About half a year or so when I was dating her. Yourself?

• It varies there's no cookie cutter answer really sometimes it's quick, sometimes it takes a while, love doesn't pop up whenever we want it to, it pops up when it's ready to, not before.

• ... I wasn't in a relationship with her until I was certain that the feeling is there and mutual.

So that question doesn't really make sense in my case.

• Within in the first month it was very apparent that this was something special.

• Girls usally take longer to fall in love, for me it's 2-3 weeks but I wasn't crazy in love just knew I really wanted this girl, had to contain it to not scare her away, and here I am!

• 3 to 4 months perhaps. It wasn't like a bolt of lightning, but much more like a dawn.

• 14 days

• Not quite sure... I'd say a few months.

• One month.

• I've never been in love but I'd say in my opinion, A year

• It took me 3 mos to fall in love with Tasha

• I agree with Mesonfielde; I don't begin to date until I know I absolutely love the girl

• Interesting to hear some women say almost instantly. Is that really love or just lust? Would they be willing to die for them?

For me, 6 mo-1 yr.

• Same feeling my girlfriend told me she loved me within 2 months and she's no young girl she's a 29 year old woman.

• I'd say 2-3 months?

What Girls Said 24

• I felt it around 3-4 months. Stopped myself from saying telling him, with it at the tip of my tongue a few times because I felt like that was 'too soon'.

We've been together over 2 years now, and when I look back in retrospect, I had already fallen at that point.

• I'm not sure, exactly. And that's probably because I'm still trying to figure out what love is. A year in, I thought I was in love. Then a few months later I thought, "No, if what I feel right now is love, then it wasn't love before." We just celebrated two years together, and I'm still in that loop. Right when I think I couldn't possibly feel any closer to him, I do. I don't know at what point it actually becomes love, and if I'm there yet or if I got there a long time ago.

• I'm a love at right sight gal. I tend to know instantly if I have chemistry with someone and my boyfriend is no exception. I'd say after a month I knew I was falling in love for sure.

• He told me around 6 months however I did feel it sooner, but with other past boyfriends it also hit the 6th month mark oddly enough. I think it also depends on how often you spend time with them or keep in contact with them

• I didn't fall in love...
    I was always in love with him.
    We are childhood friends and we knew each other since we were in diapers. He was there holding my hand on our first day of kindergarten, he chased away my first bully. We entered primary and secondary school together. Every year hand in hand. He helped me through puberty depression and after 20 long years he's still with me.
    How can one not love someone like him?

• I think first you got separate two things! Love and lust!

• I knew before we started dating.

• I think 3-4 months in for me.

• About two to three months.

• About 1 or 2 months in I knew I had strong feelings for him. We didn't say I love you until around 3 months.

• About five minutes.

• euh As soon as we started talking on facebook... a couple of days. And At 28 I never ever had beenin love before! I really feel like I found my soulmate. I even used to be asexual lol; he changed everything. We were long distance and now we live together

• also he fell in love with me straight away so it goes both ways.

• 3 months of dating but we were friends for 6 months before then

• Probably around 5 months. He said "I love you" after a month and a half which was a little freaky but I'm glad I stuck with him anyway. We ended up getting married just a few months ago so all's good now.

• it took me about 3 months? But then we had to end it after 5 months or so because we were in a LDR so it wasn't working out since our time zones were 3 hours apart.

• We've been friends since 9th grade and after a while we started hanging out more and more but I knew before the relationship started

• We both knew it after 2 months or so. I said it first at the 3ish month mark.

• 2 months and now we are still going on strong from 6 years hah

• With my ex-fiancée it took me about 7 months to fall for him

• For me usually about a month with daily texts, calls and regular dates. It depends on how much I interact with them.

• few weeks

• I have only ever been in love once. It took me a few weeks to fall in love. It was such a painful experience, because he didn't care about me like he lead me to believe. ;(

• 2 months

• As weird as it sounds I think it was 4days. Obviously I never told him that. But honestly I met him out with friends and 4days later he drove 2hrs to hang out with me so I didn't have to spend my birthday alone. We spent basically 20hrs together and I swear I knew I loved him. 2years later we actually started dating after a long period of time not talking. He told me he loved me after a month