Help me ! Is something wrong with me?

I never had a boyfriend and I'm afraid to fall in love with someone because a lot of people have told me you suffer a lot and that's gotten me somehow terrified I'm only 17 years old but I want to meet someone who wants a real relationship something serious am I asking for much?

Most Helpful Guy

• An immature guy will rip out your heart, stomp on it and throw it back at you. These players are to be avoided unless you're just DTF.
    You'll probably have trouble finding a guy who understands what a real relationship is all about. And he may not be the guy you are first attracted to. But if you can find him it will help you grow and it's well worth having.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if you're afraid of falling in love/relationships, how do you expect to even open up your heart to someone?

Unfortunately, you cannot find a keeper in the dating world without experiencing heartache and disappointment (unless you're REALLY lucky hahah). But you learn a lot from those things too! You learn what you're looking for in a SO, and who you are as a person. It teaches you how to deal with being hurt and rejection and all of those awful feelings. Just keep an open mind, remember everything in life is a learning experience with the right perspective. Good luck in finding love!

What Guys Said 7

• I think it's going to be tough to find a guy your age who is looking for a serious relationship but I wouldn't mind getting into a long term relationship now so I think you'll meet someone eventually

• You are young

Don't worry

You'll go off in to the real world or college soon

You'll meet good guys and bad just be careful you'll find someone with in the next 10 years I'm 99% sure

• u will find him wait... dont b in a hurry

• Yes, something is wrong with you.

• why when ur only 17?

• You are 17, wait till the puberty kicks in, its gonna be a whole new ball game!!

• If you were in your 30s this may be something to be concerned with. You're 17 whether or not your aware of it most people your age have never had a boyfriend and those that have will probably regret dating the guys they're dating in about 5 years. High School relationships are garbage about 95% of the time simply because when you're in high school you're almost blind to how immature you really are. And I don't mean that in a cruel way I just couldn't think of a better word than immature. You're just not going to find something serious in high school. People at that age (most likely including you) just aren't ready for that. Just wait. And maybe focus on becoming more comfortable with life. If you're having trouble coping with your own loneliness and other emotions it's probably not a good idea to attach yourself to another person yet because if you do you'll be dealing with your issues plus there's plus the whirlwind of issues you'll create together. And since your so young that negative relationship will imprint on your mind and you'll spend years repeating the same horrible mistakes until you eventually figure it all out in your kid to late 20s or never. Don't rush it. Focus on your self and your own emotional well being. Dating isn't a cure for anything despite what you've been told by TV books and the Internet. Stories are like candy they're there to make you feel good for a minute they're not nutrients. Don't date yet focus on your self and your emotions and dating later will be a lot easier.

What Girls Said 0