My girlfriend is a shopaholic. What should I do?

I am afraid she will have to declare bankruptcy in the future. She loves living beyond her means and enjoys the finer things in life. She is extremely brand-concise and buys expensive pieces of jewelry and clothes. She loves fine dining and eating at high-end restaurants. I can't imagine ever sharing a joint- account with her. I prefer a more minimalist lifestyle.

Most Helpful Girl

• Aslong as she spends her own money on it and not yours, you're all good. When she starts using money from you, then that's when you need to tell her that she needs to change her lifestyle according to how much she earns.
    If she is to "high-maintenance" for you, you need to tell her to compromise, or just let her go.

Most Helpful Guy

• Go get a hippie broad who loves living in tents and crap.

Let this one go marry for money then hater her life in 2 years.

What Girls Said 3

• That's a problem.

It will definitely be a problem in the future.

Discuss now and see if you can come up with solution/comprise.

Otherwise you know

• Hey,
    is she seeking any help? if not then its going to be a major problem. And instead of love you guys are going to end up hating one another.

• she needs therapy. Sounds like she needs an intervention. Living beyond your means is scary and she will most likely in up deep in debt or relying on you to take care of all of her financial burdens.

What Guys Said 0