I'm a black female but why don't black guys like me?

I've always wondered why black guys never approached me. Surprisingly, I always get approached by white men. I don't have a problem with it but I'd like to at least get approached by black men equally. I'm a nice person. I have a very bubbly personality and strong character. I'm in my last year of college, and I'm physically attractive I suppose. I just don't understand what I'm missing.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you didn't go to an HBCU it's probably more likely to be this way. Simply because black males are going to be in a huge minority there. Since it's a college you've got to take into consideration that many guys are dating absolutely no one so they can focus on school. Some of them are already taken. And just like the rest of the male population some of them are shy. (In my experience there are far more socially awkward people percentage wise in college simply because they're the ones who are more likely to actually get into college) Since pretty much every school except HBCUs have a higher population of black women than black males there's a supply and demand issue. Throw in the fact that like you most black guys really don't care about dating non black people. All in all its not you. It's just the environment. Few black males in total. Minus the shy ones and the ones not actively seeking relationships. Minus the ones already taken. And you've got a handful of available black guys who's attention is already probably divided between all of the available black girls and non black girls. In my experience if you want to meet black guys it's best to seek out your campuses National Pan-Hellinic Council of Greeks and go to their parties. Or look off campus. I'm a black guy and from what I saw in college most black girls were single, dating non black guys, or dating guys from off campus. Not because black guys on compas weren't interested they were just in short supply.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why don't you try approaching them instead?

• I'm from the south and was taught that the man should always make the first move so it's kind of an uncomfortable action for me to do so.

What Guys Said 6

• A lot of black women would love to be in your shoes. A lot of black women feel as if they're unattractive because they are only approached by their own race, and think other races view them as unattractive unless they're models. But to answer your question, you probably just need to be around more black men.

• Maybe since so many white guys approach you, black guys see you as not being black enough. Men often get weird about women of their own race who get attention from others.

• maybe they place you're in doesn't happen plenty of black guys to begin with or you have skills that black men dont value when considring a wife...

• the opposite color attracts

• Seems unlikely, highly unlikely

• Yeah... that's why I'm trying to figure it out. I never experienced the problem in high school, It was actually the opposite but since I've been in college I've seen a dramatic difference in who i get approached by.

• As a Jamaican guy born and raised in New York, I'm personally not attracted to them due to my experience with them. I usually approach attractive Hispanic, Middle Eastern and white women but never a black girl. Don't give up, you'll find a good man one day. Good Luck :).

What Girls Said 0