Was this wrong of me to do?

My guy friend told me that he doesn't want a relationship. After he told me that he didn't want a relationship, I went on a date with another guy since me and my guy friend aren't exclusive, I'm free to date who ever I want. I told my guy friend that I went on the date with another guy and he told me that he didn't like me going on the date with him but since we aren't exclusive, I'm free to date who ever I want. Why would he tell me that he doesn't want a relationship but will treat me like a girlfriend and won't let me date other guys?

What Guys Said 1

• maybe he is acting casual about liking you. Does he date other women?

What Girls Said 1

• I think it's perfectly fine. You're not available to him because he doesn't see you as a potential girlfriend at this point. Best to move on because if you continue you'll began to feel as if he's playing with your mind or something. I know it'shard being you're interested in him, but you have to work on distancing yourself from him.