Is it okay to date a coworker/manager?

Is it okay to date a someone that is higher in the buisness than you but they can't fire you so they're not really a boss, more like a manager. ? I work at a camp and it's all fairly chill. I like him and I think he likes me. He's only a few years older than me, thanks :) xx

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends
  • Results
The job is only during the summer and this summer is probably my last so it's not like it's a career, it's just a summer job. I worked there last summer too and he was my co counselor at that time

Most Helpful Guy

• Manager? No! After all, if you two plan to get married, then the office can and probably will get tense and that is NOT a good work environment. Even if it's a summer job, it can be bad for you anyways for future jobs. If you have anybody at that summer job be a reference for you, it may not be a good idea since you may not get a good reference (even if you don't think the person will do bad by you).

Most Helpful Girl

• I am in the same situation with you, except I see the dude mostly all the time and he makes my schedule, so practically, I see him all the time at work because he schedules me with him. I don't know what to do in my situation because he has a girlfriend and it's a long story. Message me if you want to know lol

BUT TO ANSWER, it depends. My work place doesn't allow coworker dating managers higher to them, so it would have to be secretly. If it's just summer camp and you only see him for the summer, then what the hell? But like I said, it depends. If you really like him and you think he likes you, you never know. Maybe it'll be long term.

What Guys Said 11

• You should date whoever it seems is right for you, if that person happens to work with you so be it. I would add that caution should be used. There are a lot of upsides and downsides to dating a coworker. It might be a distraction for one of you, when on the job it is important to be professional. The upside is, when you work with someone, you are spending a lot of time with them and chances are you know them pretty well.

• I dated my mngr for 2 years. It was good for a bit, but the end was especially bad, even for a bad break up. Cause low and behold, not only did I get laid off, but the day after I got dumped. It was a weird coincidence.

• The company and your manager were lucky you didn't file an EEOC complaint.

• It's a no. That's why it's said you don't shit where you sleep. Or where you eat.
    It's a great place to meet someone, but when it goes south, and it does 90% of the time, then one of you is likely going to have to find a new place to work. You'll regret it, I guarantee it.

• Almost all of the time, no. But certain situations are exceptions. Even if it's a summer job, you could be ruining a possible reference you could use for future jobs. It's best to look elsewhere honestly.

• It really depends on the kind of person you're dealing with. I'd date my boss if she wasn't married :D

• girls always lusting after a man in a superor position.

its the dumbest thing you can do but i m sure like otehrs, you made up your mind.

they never end well

• Excuse me, I met him when we were working as equals. He was not my superior when we worked together. This summer he will be though. Read the update man

• you can say what you want. he is superior in your company and women rarely date someone in a lower position like men do.

its a bad idea. I've known 5 cases personally, all ended terribly.

• I dunno but I wanna be @starfishlover 's boss

• Here's my answer:

https://youtu.be/31g0YE61PLQ

• Hahahaha I'm crying, thank you

• Bit risky if you ask me!

• It's definitely a no no. It can be awkward if you break up.

• It's risky, but shit happens.

What Girls Said 9

• Eh, you could but I would advise against it. It could lead to complications at work, especially if things start turning sour.

• You never date a coworker or superior at work. EVER.

• It's okay, technically as long as you don't let it affect your work. However, it may not be the best idea, because if you both decide to break up, it could be hard to work together after it...

• In my own personal opinion and experience I say no I had a crush on a manager where I used to work and he did too and it became a problem because I made the mistake of telling someone and it became gossip and later on drama. If you go for it keep it to yourself and don't act like you have feelings towards that person you dont want to be label.

• No don't shit where you eat.

• I'm married with a co-worker. We work in different areas.

• yes i work with the guy im seeing :)

• No. Don't do it

• happens more often