Girls, would you date a guy whose almost broke but has ambition still?

He doesn't have much money, but he's trying hard to improve his situation. Could you date a guy like that?

• Yes
  • No
  • It depends (please say)
  • Im a guy and want to see results

Most Helpful Girl

• My answer would be D but in a different context lolll.
    I'd want to see results. Not just ambitious schemes and ideas but I'd want to see him or her take steps to actually implement changes. Trying hard is nice and all, but if you're trying hard and not getting anywhere and you still keep doing the same then... that's what we call foolish. So try your best and make progress.

• what if he's trying different things and still not progressing?

• So a guy without ambition is better?

• Well a guy who is broke and has no ambition and admits it is at least honest. Planning accordingly would be me not dating him. Sorry. I don't require anyone to financially support me but I'm not going to financially support them either.
      If the person has ambition, great. That's something we can work with. If you're talking about like, a person who wants to be a lawyer and has to work through years of law school and junior partnerships and etc before being able to say "I reached my goals, huzzah" then I will support them fully. However if its a person that just says "I'm going to be a lawyer" doesn't go to classes or fails them and won't try to get tutoring, goes out or just does whatever all the time then no. Wtf are those results? And theyre not willing to change their habits? Then no. We have problems and its probably going to end up me fucking off.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, even if he was the richest guy I wouldn't date him.

What Girls Said 10

• Yeah, sure. It's hardly like me and my partner are rolling around in money right now :P

• Yes. The guy I'm talking to now is unemployed. And he lives with his mom. And he's 28. He's also a college dropout. He doesn't have a car.
    But he doesn't have kids. So that's a huge plus for me lol

Not a big deal to me. I'm broke too lol

• Yes, if he is driven to do better and be better. Then yes, of course.

• Absolutely! There are only problems when he has no ambition and isn't doing anything to better himself.

• dreamers can be just as bad. lol.

• It depends. İf he really works for his dreams yes i date. Otherwise just a dreamer no.

• Yes because he has ambition and that is a real turn on no matter much money he has, I would support my and work out the Tough times together.

• I don't know, depends if you are too ambitious. I don't want to date no crazy ass Macbeth guy.

• What does that mean?

• It's from a Shakespeare play, Macbeth was a Scottish thane who killed his friend and cousin, King Duncan, so he could become King himself then he went and killed more people like his friend Banquo and the family of another Thane named MacDuff all because of his ambitions to become and remain King. That's a lot of ambition and believe it or not, I know people who are almost as ambitious as him.

• I knew about the play, thought it was some lingo...

• Yes, as long as he's not a lazy bum who doesn't want to do anything and doesn't respect that I get up and work every day.

My last boyfriend was like this... Always screwing off all day with friends, only going to work every other day, frequentmy showing up late for dates and wanting to lounge around my house eating all my food and drinking my beer until late, not being grateful that I was paying for everything, never having a phone that worked so we could make plans, not coming in clean clothes, etc.

• Of course I would. I am almost broke as hell too so... :p

What Guys Said 3