What do you do when you get "ghosted"?

If you don't know what that means, it's basically when someone that you've been talking to or dating just suddenly ends all contact with no explanation. Typically they will justify it by thinking it's better than directly hurting the person's feelings by rejecting them, but it's actually an immature way to reject someone that will lead to them experiencing a lot of confusion in addition to feeling rejected.

Obviously it's tempting to send them a message telling them off for behaving in such a way, but is it better to just let it go and move on?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how much background I have with that person. Someone I'd been steadily conversing, etc. with for a year? I'm gonna get pissed, and I'm going to find a way to make them talk to me. Which actually has happened, and we still talk. So.

But someone I barely know? Whatever, easily forget about them.

Most Helpful Guy

• I really hate it a lot.
    I made an internet friend who's much older than I am, years ago. He taught me a lot of things and was practically one of the few aspects of my life that helped me pull through hard times.
    We had an eventual falling out, but last year I started chatting with him again. Then, he disappeared without a trace. It made me very sad and disappointed.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes. Better to just move on. Look at it this way. Somebody may ask her about you in the future and she may say "he was a nice guy but it wasn't a match for us" OR "that guy was a dick, he called and harassed me when I didn't call him back" what would you rather people know if you?

• I ghost as well! lol haha My friend did the same and he neve confronted me about it.

• I've never been "ghosted", but I think that it's better to move than to hold grudges.

• Just move on. Less drama.

I was ghosted once and it turns out the guy's crazy ex had blocked my number. Then she started sending me threatening voicemails out of nowhere. Who needs that shit? If they go, consider yourself better off for missing the histrionic drama or halfhearted excuses. The outcome is the same either way... The quicker you move on, the better for you.

What Guys Said 4

• I dunno what I'd do since I have once done it myself. Not that proud of it but oh well... what's done is done.

• i had a case where i told her:" hey it´s no problem if you don´t like me. i´m a man, just tell me." and she was allways like "no i really want to meet you again" and then kept on ghosting xD

utlimately you´ll just have to ignore them. it won´t hurt trying to get that shit out of them before you do.

• I just don't give a fucking fuck about it!

• What do you do, I guess wait and see keep living life maybe they'll come back. I've only ghosted on one girl