Is anyone really "too busy" for a relationship?

or its just a BS excuse as you dont want to be in a relationship with that person?

Most Helpful Guy

• oh its always a bullshit excuse on my end lol, but it works 100%

• What are the girls reaction when you say you're busy for a relationship?

• like nothing, its a legit excuse. sometimes they just mirror me and say, "oh yeah well im pretty busy too so it's probably not a good idea"

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I know people who currently are and I've felt that way. If the right guy came along I would have made time in all likelihood. But my best friend really liked a guy and was dating him but her career and school was always first, and eventually she broke up with him because he wanted to be more serious and wanted more from her. That just wasn't what she wanted. And that's fine. Her program is Biochemical Engineering at an Ivy League school and the major is heavily research focused which takes up a lot of her time in addition to working at a hospital and her other coursework and being a TA. Everything she's doing is to eventually get into Med School and she doesn't want any distractions. So yes, some people are truly too busy for a relationship.

What Guys Said 4

• In the majority of cases, it's bullshit. You are probably asking because you've seen someone who was 'too busy' in a new relationship with someone else a short time later.

• Some people really do have a lot of their plate and getting into a relationship is the least of their priorities.

• I've heard that line a time or two...

• It could go either way especially with work kids life etc relationships are not a priority for everyone

• He always tells me he is always looking for the "right one". I brought the relationship talk and he was like he is in a situation where he won't have much time to make our relationship serious. If a guy truly likes you, isn't it he's gonna make time no matter what?

• You're absolutely right if he truly wants you like you do him he's gonna make it work

What Girls Said 14

• It's not always a bullshit excuse. What someone means when they say: "I'm too busy for a relationship" means: "Yeah I could be in a relationship with you but it isn't going to be a very good one because I'm too stretched thin to give you the proper attention and time you'd deserve to make it a long lasting, fulfilling one."

At least that has what I have always meant when I said it.

• It really depends.
    Some people really just don't have the time for one.
    Other people aren't really busy and just use that as an excuse (they don't know any way to kindly reject you without hurting your feelings). That sort of reasoning, spares them in a way.

• It's not usually said with malice so I wouldn't call it "BS", but basically yes. Here's why: any time a person is attractive enough for you to pursue them, they usually have a full plate, a busy schedule. We are attracted to people with exciting lives. So... this person probably *is* busy. However --- if there was enough of a spark for them, it wouldn't matter. It's not intentionally malicious (unless the person who said it is a douche), but it just means you should find someone who really wants you.

• Yes, some people are too busy for a relationship. And I applaud those people when they're honest about it, because how bad would it feel to really like some, get into a relationship, and then be neglected because of time constraints.

Do I think this statement is true all the time, hellll no.

But for some people, maybe it actually makes them feel bad because they want to be in a healthy engaging relationship but school or work is too demanding.

• It's a legit reason. My boyfriend and I actually took a break for that reason. He was too busy in college to be able to spend time with me and felt I deserved more than that. So he briefly ended it.

• It can be a legitimate reason to not get into a relationship. Relationships take a lot of commitment and effort so if you don't have enough time for it, it's possible to be too busy. In my case, I have school and dance to think about so I don't think I could be as invested in a relationship as I would like to be. I think it would be best if I got my life together first before being in one, because then I have something to fall back on if things go downhill and I don't have to be completely dependent on my partner.

• If someone truly wants to be with you, they will make time and put forth the effort. If this is a new relationship, perhaps they are only looking for something casual at this point in their life or a relationship is not a priority for them. I do think saying that you are too busy is an excuse. People should just be honest and say that they just want to keep it casual if that is the case.

• Almost always BS.

• My experience is its bs, I had a guy who told me he was too busy, and in the end he had someone else, then gor with someone else and that guy did the same thing told me he was busy and then he turned out to be a hore, player thats been with everybody, cut your loses

• Yeah, of course. Relationships can take out a good chunk of your time.

• some people are really that busy. it kinda sucks I know 😔

• I say it's bs. Nobody is too busy for a relationship unless they just don't have their life together or something.

• everyone in life is busy, you have to find time for a relationship especially if you really want it.
    it's pretty much an excuse

• Bs excuse and for a friendship 🙄