If a guy texts like he's almost in love with me and puts me on a pedestal, what can I do to slow things down?

A coworker I've known for a few months and became friends with recently asked me out. I said yes, since I had a slight crush on him, but he's raising some odd red flags... For context, he's a hardcore Catholic (to the extent of being a virgin at 29), and has never been in a relationship. Anyway, he's been texting me about the following things: telling me he's so lucky to be dating me, that I'm such a rare person and he's never had anything like this happen to him before, he thinks we'll be great together, that it's a huge compliment to me that he never dated anyone else before because they weren't me, asking me to clarify my feelings, and that he really likes me and loves spending time with me. This is not in order, but things he's texted over the last week (haven't seen him in person yet). I've told him that I want to take things slowly, and that we'll just take things one date at a time. He still seems super intense. Any insights or advice to offer would be helpful.

What Guys Said 3

• This guy is very inexperienced. I find this behavior scary and it sounds like you do too. Listen to your feelings here. If he is making you uneasy, that is plenty of reason to stop seeing him.

• This is usually what happens when a guy goes this long without ever being in a relationship. He builds it up way too high in his brain. Eventually it'll fade with time just continue to take things very slowly.

• He sounds like someone who falls in love quick and being your his first girlfriend it will be intense to for him. Just let him know "look I appreciate that you like me, I kid of like you too but your going to fast and I need a little space. This is just to much right now. I want to take it slow and see how things work out but if you can't accept that then you will end up pushing me away."

What Girls Said 0