Isn't dating just all about sex?

If a guy or girl walks up to you and asks you out on a date doesn't that mean he/she wants to fuck you? I mean what other reason would you ask someone out on a date?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not just sex. Sex is of course an important part but if I couldn't stand to be around my boyfriend in non-sexual contexts or spend a night in just cuddling, I wouldn't date him.

Relationships that are all about sex are called 'friends with benefits'.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't say its the only reason, Im not going to stay with someone I can't stand just because theyre fun to have sex with.

With that being saud, I do think sex is a big part of the MOTIVATION to ask them out. I think the desire for sex is what motivates you to ask them iut in the first place while an emotional connection and shared interests keeps you interested over time.

What Girls Said 1

• Haven't you ever heard of a relationship? It's not always just sex.

What Guys Said 1

• It depends upon what both parties end goals are. If they want it solely for lust and pleasurable purposes that is what they call a "friends with benefits" type of relationship or some like to call it "fuck buddies".