If your best friend (of the opposite sex) kissed you, how would you respond?

So, imagine you're walking down the street with your bestie of the opposite gender and you stop at a park. You both sit down on a bench by a lake and talk about whatever - and then the conversation slows down. You look into their eyes and realise there's a bit of tension. You don't know what's about to happen. And then they lean in and kiss you gently. How do you react to that?

• "Wow. Okay. Don't do that again." (Not good, but you forgive them and try to forget about it)
  • "Why'd you stop?" (Sweet mother of Mary. They did it! Finally!)
  • "I'm sorry, I have to go." (You're confused and probably won't talk to them for a little while until you're sorted out)
  • Other (Please explain in comments)

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, when my best friend kissed me I just went with it. There had always been some sort of sexual tension between us and the kiss just clarified whether we had chemistry and could turn the friendship into a relationship or whether it was just a friendship. At the end of the day, I think we both needed to experience it just to set our minds at ease. Today it is like nothing has ever happened.

Most Helpful Guy

• i will be happy and shy

What Girls Said 12

• If I liked them as more than a friend, I'd kiss them back. If I only liked them as a friend I'd pull back and nicely let them know I'm flattered but I only liked them as a friend.

• I would be pissed. I'm not available and they should have respected that. That friend would be avoided for a while.

• "YOU JUST GOT FREAKIN MARRIED WHAT THE FLUX-CAPACITOR"

• definitely kiss.

• i dunno but i as a vagina person like romance shit and this is great so please go ahead and take it to the next level muahahahahahah >.< ♥♥♥

• Depends if I like them back or not. If I don't like them back then I would be like " I'm sorry, I don't like you like that." If I do like them then I would tell them.

• Awkward but move on still being friends

• I'd be surprised since he has a girlfriend and he's just a guy friend, not a BFF

• Marry him? Always wanted to marry a best friend.

• why does it have to be of the opposite sex?

• Because he's part of the patriarchy and discriminates against minorities due to ignorance, biggotry and blind hatred.

• It doesn't have to be, but I figured saying just "best friend" might cause a bit of confusion among the less intelligent people. I'm bisexual, just so you know @Homebakedcookies. You don't know me, so don't insult me.

And by the way, if you're a feminist who can't spell bigotry correctly, you're doing your job wrong.

• I'd be okay with it and we'd talk about it & figure out what caused it. He'd know that he shouldn't have done it, and I am guessing things would have to be a mess in his life for him to think that was okay so I'd just try to be there an support him and not hold the kiss against him. We'd leave in a good place BUT then I'd have to go home and explain it to my Husband. I am sure he really wouldn't care (depending on the situation of course ) but I am sure it would make group hangs a little awkward for a little while after -lol.

• Kiss back. He's my best friend isn't he? If I can't trust him, who can I trust? It would be a cute moment to share, but if I wanted to remain friends, I would make sure to tell him that. This has happened to me, but we stood as best friends and nothing has ever changed.

What Guys Said 8

• Return it back to them

• That would totally depend on the situation... I'd totally understand if she did it while she's going through a breakup or something, then I know she's just emotionally wrecked and that's what made her do it; I wouldn't make a fuss. If she just suddenly started being attracted to me and did it then I'll evaluate if I should proceed towards it with her or just explain to her that she's my friend.

• I would take it as an open invitation to what I'd wanted for years and rip her panties off right there and take everything I want.

• It depends if I like them or not

• I would fuck her

• Enjoy it. Its a kiss

• If she's my friend then I've clearly friendoned her which means I'm not attracted to her at all; so I would start to diminish my contact with her and reply to her texts less and less etc

• Depends on the friend. Different friends, different scenarios.