Dating her roomate?

I flirted for long with a girl, but with no success. After a while, I had a crush on her dorm roomate, the girl I was totally ignoring previously. Would it have sense to make a move for the roomate?

It is not that I want both of them, but I did some stuff, like deliberately avoiding the second for more attention of the first. I even did not show enough respect for the second as a friend of the first finding the way to spend time alone with the first on the pretext of friendship.

What Girls Said 2

• I guess it doesn't hurt to try, but these things usually don't end well. You come across as a guy just trying to get anyone who will say yes. The second girl may also feel like "second best." My roommate and I have had that problem with guys before and it's a turn off. We look different, our personalities are different, etc. I think we both have a lot to offer a relationship, but if a guy is interested in both of us, it's a red flag that he's after whatever cute girl will say yes. He's not seeing how unique we both are. Plus, she's my best friend. Who wants to date a guy that you know wants your best friend, too?

• It is not that I want both of them, but I did some stuff, like deliberately avoiding the second for more attention of the first. I even did not show enough respect for the second as a friend of the first finding the way to spend time alone with the first on the pretext of friendship.

• You can try it. It doesn't sound like the other girl would mind.

What Guys Said 0