Why is it everytime when its close to meet the girls on POF make excuses on why they dont want to meet?

It happens everytime I get close of meeting a girl on there. They usually back out of the date and mostly never talk to me again :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Same thing happened to me! I met this guy on Meet Me. We talked for like a Week by Skype and text. He seemed really into me, but when it was time to meet, he stopped replying to my texts. So dude had the nerve to text me 3 months later saying his phone had been off. I refused to believe it. He was soooo good looking but I never responded to his lame excuse. I deleted his number from my phone. Yet, he's still on my Skype, and sometimes I'm tempted to hit him up. But I dont

• An example would be this girl I chatted with for 4 months. Me and her have everything in common. Then I made a date for the movies but 24 hrs before the date she said she just wanted to be friends and nothing more. But I saw on her facebook that she choose some other guy with 3 kids with 3 different mothers. She got mad when I asked why she lied to me the whole time. She even called me cutie and babe during those 4 months. Made me very depressed

• It just sucked for me after chatting with her.

Most Helpful Guy

• Huh, I have the exact opposite experience. I've even been accused of being "difficult" because I didn't want to meet up with a girl.

The reason is because they are clingy, they send me a message a few minutes after I've responded to them and they are very much giving me the message that they darn well want a steady relationship; just that they want to jump into a relationship a few days (sometimes the same day) after speaking to me - I don't use POF though, just makes me realize that they are desperate and would date anyone. That's an instant turn off

What Girls Said 2

• It just gets too real for them. Most girls on dating sites are, more or less, just window shopping. They want to see what's out there but don't really intend on acting on it.

• Usually are just catfishes or insecure

What Guys Said 6

• Because girls on dating sites have WAY more options than guys. If a girl backs out before meeting a guy, it usually means she is meeting someone she feels is a better fit.

• The show Catfish on MTV is a prime example of what could happen. My thing is why would anyone want to meet someone from online if you never have live video chat with them. When it comes time to meet up then meet in a public area like a mall for example.

• POF is a shit-show. It's the bottom of the barrel of dating sites, in terms not only of the site and its administration, but the people who populate it.

Seriously, close your account and check out the competition.

• I have the same problem... 99% of women on there are a waste of time and trying to stroke their own egos'... I gave up on that site a long time ago.

• They're window shopping.

People i know had better luck on paid sites, just because they weed out a lot of those who just want attention.

• Unfortunately the majority of people on POF are window shopping time wasters, men-women ratio is probably 10-1. i too have wasted my time on many women for them not to want to meet, one girl kept making plans and then when the time came to the day to say what time to meet up she would go quiet, on the 3rd time i deleted her off of Facebook.

You have to whittle them down pretty quick, if they are not particularly chatty and come back with short replies, or they never asks Questions back, stop talking to them, 99% of the time they are not that interested and are just being polite. When you do find one that is interested in you I would try to make a date around 2-3 weeks in, that way you know if they are interested in meeting you or just messing you around, if they go all weird and quiet, you know they are probably just wasting time. You take it on the chin and move on, it's a tough world on online dating.