Would a 32-33 year old be too old to date an 18-19 year old?

Or no since technically they are both adults?

• Yes it is too old
  • No, it's not too old
  • It depends (please explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not weird tbh. Up to 13 years older can still be OK specially if the guy looks kind of young and the girls is mature enough.
    I personally think it's too old for me though, I prefer someone younger than 28 and around my age, but it's not weird.
    For example Demi Lovato and her boyfriend or Fiance are 13 years apart (23/36) but they look good together :
    www.eonline.com/.../...ma-Demi-Lovato-JR-22015.jpg
    But it's not really about the age gap, more about the girl's age? I don't know I believe that I'm mature but even now at 20 I can't see myself with a guy in his 30's since we're both in different chapters in life , let alone at 18! But I guess it's just me and it entirely depends on you and the girl :)

Most Helpful Guy

• There would be plenty of additional complications including both people wanting different things (or having different priorities) in life, the difference between mental maturity causing both to be way off-sync, a whole generation gap to bridge, likelihood the younger one won't even know what he/she really wants and probably haven't found his/her "place" in life yet, and a likelihood the older one will hit walls (illnesses/complications that come with age, menopause, death) way before the other one does which could make for additional complications.
    Then there's also the chance of the younger one being very naive still.

Other than that, technically it's possible. Some people manage to make it work, but if you decide to try make sure both parties have thought about these things, and that at least the mental maturity of the younger one is fit for it.

Personally I can't really imagine myself date someone who's younger than 20 at age 26, preferably even 22+ or something, simply as most people I've met below that age still seem quite lost in life or busy changing a lot. I am aware exceptions exists though, but so far the women I've had a romantic interest in happened to be 22+ anyway.

What Girls Said 20

• Legally it's not too old at all.

Though I don't think it's a good idea. Since they are younger and more emotionally unstable. Along with lack of experience and any clue on what they truly want too.

For me I didn't realize what I truly wanted in a guy until I was like 20. When I was 18-19 years old. I was a horrible wreck mentally which all that spiraling out of controll ended up in my car flipping. Which that made me realized I had to change.

• No, definitely its not too old. Many friends of mine date guys in this age difference, let me say some of them have even got married. Those girls say those guys know how to take great care of them and guys say its so much fun to date such girls because they bring a lot of joy ❤

• No I rather not but who know? I might like this guy? Like how I am with 18 year old now! haha! It all depends if i like the guy. (: But I rather stay in my age range. 18-35. Thats as far as i want to push the exterme. lol haha

• i think that's a bit much.

• I don't know... dating someone almost double my age wouldn't b something id do, but hey there are girls who would, and i don't disrespect that at all.

• Mm sounds ok with me ^^*

• You don't think it's gross? :\

• NAHH.. like come on there was a 20 something dating a 40 something dude LOL

• Well some people are just gross. Yes that is too old.
    If she was older and he was older no problem.
    But, she's still a teen for fucks sake and probably hasn't finished developing.
    You're at two different stages in your life
    A 32-33 year old man should not lust after someone so young. Plenty of women closer to his age.
    I'm assuming you're talking about yourself so I say he, but vice versa. A woman should not want a boy.

• why is it gross? I do like her personality.

• she might be on common grounds with me... i'll find out

• I'm sure you will

• Too old in my opinion

• Would you judge a couple harshly if they had a huge gap in age like that?

• Nah and tbh I wouldn't be able to tell their ages anyways by just looking. If I was told I would wonder but not harshly judge. I would hope they were both being cool to each other but if I heard something bad happened or something bad was going on I wouldn't be surprised

• no, it can be fine but it is a big age gap which may have its own challenges

• I don't know, I feel he would be too old for me.

I have only met a few who didn't seem old.

So it depends on the individual or the attraction/connection.. something like that.

• No too old as long as he's not creepy like some older men can be.

• I don't think you should care about other people's opinions. If you really like the guy, people need to understand how you feel. Sure this is not a common match but that doesn't mean others should give you crap about it. It's your life, do as you please.

• It's fine since both are adults.

• no age is too old.
    As long as they understand each other and they feel connected. Everything happens for a reason. Love also work's in mysterious ways.

• I think it's okay

• To me? Yes. If I was 18-19 I wouldn't date a 32-33 year old.

• It just depends. Do you think she likes you?

• not sure

• Have you persued her? Flirted with her? Is she a coworker, friend,?

• coworker, i've just talked with her so far. seems to have a good personality

• Morally, yes that is too much of an age difference. The 18 yer old is not in the same place in life as the 32 year old. 21 + seems better, since at least they could have gone to college, or had a few years of job experience. They aren't fresh out of high school.

• Yes it is anything more than five years is too old

• @Beaver19

• It's a joke, given you're 30-35, 5 years would be crossing the dreaded 40 gap, haha I understand though, I'm 20 and honestly for the entirety of my 20's I will date any girl from 18-28, however won't consider a girl past 30 until I'm well into there too, it's just those specific indicator ages so to speak.

• in the end all that matters is if you really care about each other. And it's legal

• As long as you are both consenting adults, are happy, and accept each other for who you are then I think age shouldn't matter. Sadly too many people judge people who are in an age gap relationship whrn they have no right to - so you could run into some narrow minded people.

What Guys Said 11

• If there's attraction, they get along well and like each other, I don't see a problem. A lot of people often can't tell the person is 18-19 or 32-33 anyways.

• nope not to old at all.

• Too old for who? To people who are not either of those two? It the age difference is too much for the two people, then they obviously would not date.

• 18 years i wouldn't, 19... i'm not sure... after 20 yes, for me.
    But... i think those girls need to grow up with some younger guys first... i think it's better for their own development.

• Remember all the bullshit you had to go through in dating girls that age? Why would you want *all* of that AGAIN?

• no, you are both over legal age so you are fine

• Legally? No
    Socially? Definitely

• I really have no idea why, as I'm only 18, but I can attempt to explain

When you're in your 30s, dating a teen may be seen as incredibly shallow and you just dispose of women when their looks hit the wall, because it's rarely a maturity thing as one is decades less mature

I don't know

• for considering a serious relationship would be a terrible idea but for sex i think its fine.

• A little, but I guess it depends on the circumstances.

• At least in America, if the guy is 32 and the girl is 18, its looked at as weird, if the girl is 32 and the guy is 18 then its looked at as cool or okay.

For a guy dating an older girl like that its looked at as he's pulling her in, because guys are seen as dominant, initiative, and more sexual than girls are when it comes to relationships and hooking up. Girls are looked at as not as sexual or more innocent. So when a older guy like that goes for a young girl its looked at as he's preying down on her, and when a guy dates or hook ls up with a older girl like that its looked at as his pulling her in.

I think its not okaufor a guy that old to go for a 18 year old girl, but i think its okay if a older girl does it. Because of the reasons listed above and the fact that a lot of guys edit the way they talk around girls when talking about sex, their preferences, or talking about girls bodies, the girls that hear them say it like they would to their guy friends when its normal thing for guys to say, a good portion of them get weirded out or creeped out, even in college with grown adults it happens.

So its looked at that way because of that, and the dominance factor.

• *when a guy dates or hooks up with an older girl its looked at as he's pulling her in

*i dont think its okay for a older guy in or near his 30s to go for an 18 year old girl

• Also i forgot to mention that the older i got the younger 18 year olds look. It got to the point that now at 25 , they look like kids, the dont look fully grown, girls who look 20 look like young girls who just started being an adult. The way 18-19 years look now is what middle schoolers looked like to me when i was 19. I can't do it, im thinking "your like a child", and its non sexual.

Now girls who look 26-27 are my preference. It used to be girls who looked 21 when i was 19-21. When im 32 girls who are younger like that will probably look even more young and unappealing and older girls will be even more appealing.

• *im thinking "your like a child", and their non sexual

• Why it's wrong since they are both adults... I don't understand...