Give up on modeling? too hard?

I tried everything im not getting in, im 23 and its time to let it go. I spens 3 years, I wasted it. It seems impossible for a black woman to get in, they have to be special, im 5'8 which is not enough, their clearly looking for girls who are taller... it hurts so bad to quit,

0|0
2|3

Most Helpful Guy

• modeling is definitely a field where it's not for everyone

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• It may be harder sure. But they tend to pick racial minorities to a certain extent so they dont look bad.

Modelling is quiet hard in general. A lot of competition and great looking people

0|0
    0|0
    • yes and what I've noticed is that the model especially a black model has to look weird, unique and has to very tall in order to be special... the girls are dropped dead gorgeous, but they aren't ''pretty'' they are unique looking, kinda alienish. Im just ''pretty'' but not tall enough, im 5'8 and thats not tall enough

• Yea exactly they dont necessarily look for the the most attractive like they do for beauty pageants... they look for the person with the most 'striking' look. Im sure if you had blue eyes and was a black women they would take you lol

• Maybe try acting, is there anything else you have a passion for?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• How about a career in fashion always have a plan B somethings never go the way we planned. Just have a backup

0|0
    0|0
  • Modeling is definitely not something you can just jump right into and make a lucrative career out of. There's a looooooooooooot of competition out there, meaning you need to either stand out appearance-wise and dedicate yourself to getting gigs, or have connections. If you're looking to be a runway model you definitely need to be at least 5'10, a size 0/2, with sharp, unique features that stand out.

You could pursue commercial modeling, which has more lenient standards (many commercial models are around 5'8 and don't have to look AS unique as runway models do). But you have to be honest with yourself and question how long you're willing to hustle for this vs. finding a more practical job.

0|0
    0|0