Do you think that it's ok for fourth graders to date other fourth graders?

I know a lot of kids these days date at a young age. Do you think it's ok for fourth graders to have boy/girl friends?

Most Helpful Girl

• hmmm I'm assuming you are pretty young but you need to realize that it's different to date and to have a relationship. Dating is the initial step where (sometimes) a relationship starts and it involves going out to places where there are interactions between both parties

I think that if you are in 4th grade it's harmless to have a "boyfriend" however, it depends on what your parents say (don't forget that your parents will always want what's best for you), you are still pretty young and you still depend on your parents.

• I'm not terribly young, like fourth grade for example. I'm actually in high school, but was just wondering about what people think. :)

What Guys Said 2

• The relationships they have aren't like teenage ones (from what I remember), its more of bridging a gender gap at that age. What you might call "dating" and what they call "dating" are two completely different things. Probably.

• NO!

too early!

High school is probably the minimum

What Girls Said 6

• I am not really sure. In one way its okay because they'll be in thier own age range. And then if you think about it its like wtf. Knowing these kids would only be in fourth grade, which is way too young to actually start dating. The whole senario of "relationships" would definitly be misty (I am sure they wouldn't even know wtf relationships mean or even the fact that if they are suppose to hold hands or not - just my view). Unless ofcourse, they are taught about dating and all the other complicated stuff. You knw? But, in whole depends on the parents too. If its okay with them then we can't really change people.

I think right now, my point of view is more so toward "not-okay" zone. Feel free to disagree and comment on this but. this is just a one person opinion.

It'll be weird to see a bunch of fourth graders holding hands. it'll definitely be one of those "woahhh!" moments. But, in all due respect, cheers to them.

• I think it's insane! My oldest is in 5th grade, and some kids to have bf/gf, as did my niece at that age. Knowing these kids the way I do, I think it's too yong because this is the time in their lives that they DON'T have to deal with heartbreak and romantic interactions with the opposite sex. I'd like to see them just be friends with each other w/o the pressure of anything else. My kid agrees, thank goodness!

• Seems too young to me. We're talking kids that are 9-10, right? Have you talked to a kid that old recently? I don't think they're quite sharp enough to be dealing with the complexities of dating.

• Hmm, this question can cause quite a riot.

I see nothing wrong with it, to an extent.

Its good for kids to have this type of social experiment, but I wouldn't feel right with it going past holding hands or a kiss on the cheek.

They should save the other stuff when they really know what they want.

But I also think they should think about school, and friends and just be a KID.

• I think it's ok if you are about the same age as the other person :)

• I think its totally fine to date people within your age group. Though in this case, a fourth grader is way too young and definitely not mature enough to really understand. I think it's fine if you have a crush on someone and get to know them really well like a best friend. But, anything more than that and intimacy should wait.