Has anyone found eHarmony to work?

I created an eHarmony account about a month ago and have received a "smile" from a person that has a fun sounding profile. Anyone with advise on how to really respond I'd appreciate it. I have little knowledge on how dating sights work.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know what that is. Is that a dating site?

• It is. I use to think it was a bad idea to use, and that I never should. But I've started running out of idea on where to meet people worth starting a relationship with.

What Guys Said 1

• I've never been on a dating site, but the way i would imagine it is that you send like or smiles or whatever and the people respond in messages. The details about who you are should already be in your profile so dont talk about that. Rather just relate to some things theyre interested in and then show them you have a great personality and can be funny and so on. Quickly ask to meetup in person once you have built rapport and dont fall into the long distance online messaging relationship. Its a waste of time and its best to meetup as soon as possible. The rest is just like normal dating.