Is it ok for a 19 years old guy to date a 16 years old girl?

I want to remark I'm talking about dating, no sex yet obviously

• It's okay
  • Not okay

Most Helpful Girl

• Eh, it's a little sketchy. If you had already been dating prior to you being 18, it's one thing. But this is a tricky age difference. While it's only 3 years apart, it's actually world's apart when it comes to maturity and where you are in life. One of you is legal, the other is not. One is in college or college aged, the other has 2 years left of high school (at least). You may even be able to drink before she's even allowed to stop asking her parents for permission slips! Be careful with this one.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah its fine, i wouldn't stress over it. Unless you are in trouble with the law

What Girls Said 9

• It's questionable.

That being said... when I was 19, my boyfriend was 16 still. He turned 17 two months after I turned 19.

And it was questionable. People judged us and gave us weird looks and it was unpleasant.

• It shouldn't matter what they think it's not like your a celebrity where the whole world could see it if you liked him and found him attractive you should be happy with him (:

• Not okay! He has the advantage!

• Sure if he wants to go to jail

• Why the hell do I bother writing descriptions for?

• college vs not in college makes more of a difference, than "age", if she's a senior and ur a freshman in college, that tends to work, but sometime the whole different lifestyles dont work with college life and highschool, but if you're cool with that then go for it.

• Absolutely not okay

• Legally it's okay.
    But, eh
    Me, being 19, I wouldn't. Doesn't appeal to me in any way. It wouldn't feel right.

• I would think that weird if he in college or University why can't you date a girl in college or University?

• No, if it was reverse then yes.

• it's not ok she is underage and you will go to jail if you do it

What Guys Said 11

• Nothing could be more common where I'm from. I can't see it as wrong, I've seen this my whole life.

• 19/2+7 = 16.5 lets round down your fine

• Legally, it's not okay. And to be honest, even if it was legally okay, it's not a good idea.

• It's debatable.
    If you really think the relationship may go somewhere go for it. Remember she's only 16. No sex.

• No. He's an adult.

• it's ok, many boys have a younger girl just don't fuck her at least until late 17... I'm not joking.

• Thats a little scketchy dude. she's 16

• It's okay with me. Come to the UK, the age of consent is 16 here.

• Can't really answer this because we don't know all the circumstances. I met my girlfriend in highschool when I was 16 and she was 14. It turned out we had a 2 year and 5 months age difference. So for 5 months when I'm 19 she will 16 too. For you there are a lot of questions. I would say 19 and 16 is way too much except for in instances like mine. But I've known people who were 16 and met 20 years olds and were fine.

• If her parents agree why not?

• I wouldn't do it.