Why Do Looks Matter So Much to Me?

Someone can have the nicest personality, but if they don't fit my view of beauty, I can like them. I don't know why this is. And my standards are so high. Like I like "giant men" guys who are tall, extra large built, extra large hung. Like think of Khaleesi's husband in Game of Thrones. Super masculine & super large. I've met and dated once a guy like that, so I know they're out there. But my type is so rare. I don't know why I'm like this & it makes me feel so guilty really caring about looks :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Some peoples preferences are set to a higher standard of what they like, just narrows down the dating pool , if a guy does this it's worse since it's hard enough to get girls already

• Well I set very high standards for myself too. I'm at the gym 5x a week.

• Exactly my fear :,(

• To bad you weren't able to stay with that guy that was all that, I gues you had your reasons

What Guys Said 3

• I thought the same thing. My type was a curvy, short girl (5'2'' or less) that had a moderate sense of style and beautiful, shapely legs.

Then I started hanging out with this skinny geek tomboy that is 5'5'', has zero fashion sense, but has a 9/10 personality. I ending up falling for her, hard. Thoughts of marriage and intimacy would not stop. I literally couldn't look at porn for two straight weeks because she (of all girls) was everything on my mind.

The love drug hit me hard.

Then she basically rejected me by calling me a "pass". We always exchanged playful barbs back and forth and have said much more offensive words, but that one brought me to tears and now I lay in the rubble of inferiority.

To think, this girl who is outwardly unqualified (at first, her beauty grew) completely changed my perspective. Then I was the one who was let down in the end.

Keep an open mind.

• I did. I dated outside my type & it got me nowhere. So the older I get, the pickier I get.

• Okay then.

• People think it's "wrong" or they shouldn't admit it but looks are just as important as personality. You have to be attracted to the person as well as like their personality. You have to like the whole package, not just part of it... for both guys and girls.

• Ugh my type is so specific though it makes me feel bad.

• So , I have no chance :(

What Girls Said 0