The dreaded "is it okay for a girl to text a guy first question?" Shall I text him or not?

I met a guy on a dating site about two years ago. We What's Apped each other non stop for about two weeks before he asked me out. I had just got out of a relationship, this guy, I could tell was a lovely relationship kind of man but I wasn't ready to date anyone seriously so we parted ways and never met.

Anyway, two years later, I'm in a different space mentally and I'm looking to meet someone long term. I went back on the same dating site and stumbled across his profile on Tuesday. I sent him a quick message asking how he was. After a few messages back and forth, he found me on What's App again and we started chatting. We have literally been non-stop chatting day and night since Tuesday. He's spent the past week on holiday, he only got back yesterday night and was at work today (Sunday).

He messaged me late on Saturday night before going to bed (he needed to get up early for work the next day). It wasn't as long and chatty as the previous few days had been but I understood he'd spent the day travelling back home so I appreciated the little time he had to message me in between getting himself home and going to bed.

The only problem is, the day he's been working (Sunday aka today), he hasn't messaged me again but an hour ago he was online. I'm sure he likes me and has said a couple of times about us meeting up and me letting him "take you out". I guess I'm frustrated because I would've assumed that now he's back in the country that he'd want to arrange a date as soon as possible. I'm eager to meet him to see if we spark in person but I definitely don't want to ask him about the date.

If I don't hear from him tomorrow morning, should I message him asking how he is or should I let him message me? What are the rules of messaging guys first? Am I "allowed" to in this scenario? Would you think I come across as desperate? I've had a few dating mishaps and I really want to get this right because I think we have the potential to be something special.

Most Helpful Guy

• Message him there are no rules.

Most Helpful Girl

• I never do not because I'm shy but because if they can't even put forth the effort to text they just aren't interested enough for me to waste my time. While women sometimes take a while to let attraction grow men typically feel it or they don't when they meet you.

What Guys Said 3

• There are no rules to messaging. The only way you would be desperate would be if you constantly messaged him until he responded. You are allowed to message or initiate a conversation whenever you would like.

• TL;DR
    JUST DO IT D:

i dont get ti with a man should ask her out and she shouldn't text first. if you can't wait, just text him. the only thing you are doing with texting him first is basically saying "yo im kinda interested, lets try"

• Did not read.

STFU

What Girls Said 0