Why does ny boyfriend hangout with a girl he knows likes him? Help?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 9 months, have been friends for 8. Anyways, all is well except for the fact that he hangs out alone with a girl who likes him and has trash talked our relationship since day one. Additionally, she confessed to liking him, stopped talking to anyone for a month over it, and is now back to seeing him and sending him late night texts. I don't necessarily have a problem with them hanging out, but he won't set her straight. Am I overreacting or do I have reason to be concerned?
Thanks

What Guys Said 2

• That means he isn't satisfied with you.

• Hmm I think he is enjoying the attention... Having another women who like him and having a girlfriend too...
    Looks fun to him...

He should at least tell her not to trash talk about your relationship.. It's very disrespectful is he doesn't stop her from doing so

What Girls Said 1

• Because it could possibly be an ego thing, people love when other people like them and they're not uncomfortable to be around. But personally I think it's a little disrespectful because it's not like they're best friends.. also it may make her think that he'd cheat on you potentially, like if guys who I know have girlfriends expressed wanting to hang out they flirt too which makes me think that they're open to cheating on their partner if I gave them the opportunity to.