Why does ny boyfriend hangout with a girl he knows likes him? Help?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 9 months, have been friends for 8. Anyways, all is well except for the fact that he hangs out alone with a girl who likes him and has trash talked our relationship since day one. Additionally, she confessed to liking him, stopped talking to anyone for a month over it, and is now back to seeing him and sending him late night texts. I don't necessarily have a problem with them hanging out, but he won't set her straight. Am I overreacting or do I have reason to be concerned?
Thanks

0|0
1|2

What Guys Said 2

• That means he isn't satisfied with you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hmm I think he is enjoying the attention... Having another women who like him and having a girlfriend too...
    Looks fun to him...

He should at least tell her not to trash talk about your relationship.. It's very disrespectful is he doesn't stop her from doing so

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Because it could possibly be an ego thing, people love when other people like them and they're not uncomfortable to be around. But personally I think it's a little disrespectful because it's not like they're best friends.. also it may make her think that he'd cheat on you potentially, like if guys who I know have girlfriends expressed wanting to hang out they flirt too which makes me think that they're open to cheating on their partner if I gave them the opportunity to.

0|0
    0|0