Is the age difference weird?

My guy friend is 23 and I'm 19. He clearly likes me but he won't admit it or ask me out. Do you think it's because he feels weird asking someone younger? Is it too much of an age difference?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do people ask all the same questions on here all the time?

Asker, I bet your parents have at least a 4 year difference between themselves, or you have to at least know somebody with parents who do. Can you only learn from gag questions and not your surroundings?

Most Helpful Girl

• That is not that much of an age difference at all.

What Guys Said 13

• Yeah, because he's old enough to have a university degree and a career, and you're fresh out of high school. It's weird. Age difference becomes less weird the older you both get, but right now that's pretty weird. But there are douches everywhere, willing to get with someone too young for them, so hey, maybe wait around and this douche will come around.

• Age is just a number. Relationships can work regardless of the age difference if both sides work at it and are really in love not just enfatuated. I don't think the age difference you mentioned is unreasonable especially as the guy is the older so will be about the same mental age as you. Go for it and let no man put you asunder..

• No, honestly I only question age difference if one of them is underage. Both of you are not, so I say it's fine.

• There's a bit of a hump between over 21 and under 21, but that can go away before you realize it. Suddenly you'll find you're 21 and things are changing.

• He prefers to keep it at that level.

• No not really it's only 4 years

• No... I've dated women 15 years younger than me.

• I was 46 and she was 32... best relationship I've ever had.

• naw. anything less then 5

• My grandparents have a 10 year age difference lol so yea i think he is nervous.

• At that age not too much buy girls are more mature so it could be a little too much of a difference at that young of an age.

• You're an adult and so is he. It's not weird.

• I mean, I would understand if he reacts to the difference - especially if you're in very different stages of life but no. Four years at your age isn't even going to warrant anyone to bat their eyelashes.

What Girls Said 7

• The age difference isn't too much. Maybe he is just shy or afraid you'll reject him and you guys won't be friends anymore

• Not at all, my parents are 8 years apart. 4 years shouldn't be a big deal.

• 47 year old man dating a 24 year old that's a difference but your good good luck and I hope everything works out for the best.

• No that is not weird at all

• I don't think so - my boyfriend is 26 and I'm 21. Not a big deal at all! :)

• no, it's good. I had a friends that like me and he was 42 and I was only 16, so I think 4 years is not that huge

• no... that's not a bad age difference i know a 35 year old who f***ed a 19 yr old