Dating coworkers, good or bad?

What are your guys/gals opinions on dating in the workplace? I ask because there is a girl (always is) who I sorta like and could see myself dating her. She's single, around my age, smiles, winks and flirts with me, etc...

Now I personally do not think dating coworkers is a great idea mainly because if it goes bad it is someone you have to see again on a potentially daily basis, but then again that is my pessimistic side thinking. My workplace does allow for relationships and there are many couples that it seems to work for at all levels (front line staff to managers).

This isn't a 'should I ask her out or not', what I would like from you guys are some positive/negative views on dating coworkers.

Most Helpful Girl

• Never date a coworker. It can screw up your chances of advancement and references.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm against it. It creates a bad environment when the breakup happens.

What Girls Said 1

• Don't shit where you eat brah! that's all i got too say..

What Guys Said 2

• I've done it twice. First time made work place awkward, 2nd time it was a mutual split so wasn't awkward at all.

• not the best, it's like dating classmate in school times. but I think it's ok it will not be brake to me.