My "date" is a flake and it totally ruined my day. What should I do?

I got a sort of a "date" type thing with this guy. On Text, we had a really good connection. We decided to meet today but long story short, he turns out to be a flake. And I'd been looking forward to this since yesterday. Shaved my entire body for this, just in case, you know. Even adjusted my schedule. So now my day is totally ruined.

Any ideas of things I can do at home that is not harmful? At this rate, I would just try to fill the emptiness by smoking my lungs out and stuffing myself with super fatty, super sugary foods to number the pain.

(Vegging out with my favourite show won't help either, cause I'll just snack to death then. I'm on a diet. And for me, food is comfort)

Most Helpful Guy

• Or you could just forget it and realize that it does not merit you harming yourself both physically and emotionally. A flake is hardly the worst thing that could have happened to you.

• Yea i need a good distraction in order to forget it. That's what I'm asking this for. And tbh, my life has been so pathetic lately that any prospects of a date and sex gets me excited. Sad, I know. But what can I do? That's the question

• Are emotions ever objective? I have a history (maybe is still current) of unhealthy relationship with food. It's not logical. But it ishow it is

What Guys Said 3

• yeah, go out and exercise.

• I would suggest not caring about it so much. I mean it only ruined your day lol. Take a nap maybe?

• Women flake all the time. But as for me and somebody flakes the second time they're gone.

What Girls Said 1

• I had a guy do this once, girl I got dressed up, went and played some pool, sang some karaoke, ended up on a motorcycle with an awesome guy and having my dinner bought for me. Met lots of fun cool people. Just get dressed and go have fun! The night is young🌙

• I have no one to go out with nor do I know the good places to go. I'd feel like a pathetic loser to drink alone