My boyfriend is so depressed when I'm not there?

Okay so my boyfriend and I have been dating for 11 months and everytime I visit we are so so happy together and I feel like we will be together forever.. But everytime I leave he gets so depressed and is so afraid of losing me. like I'm going to lose interest in him or something bad is going to happen to me and I get depressed just as much as he does :( we are both very clingy and hate being apart... Is this even normal? We both have severe depression and he has ADD and I have anxiety so maybe that is a factor of why we are so depressed unless we are together.

• It's normal for people to be clingy in a relationship
    67% (6)67% (10)67% (16)Vote
  • it's not normal to be clingy in a relationship
    33% (3)33% (5)33% (8)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
2|8

Most Helpful Guy

• You're options are too false a dichotomy. The fact that you both have depression and anxiety is likely the largest factor here. There are likely some deeper insecurities that need to be rectified. I recommend therapy.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think your 16 and smitten with your boyfriend. At this point in your life there's nothing wrong with a little clingyness and missing each other like crazy when your not together... I remember those days and it was fab!

Don't worry about if it's normal or okay... Enjoy your youth and happiness with your boyfriend! Smitten kitten ;-)

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Youngsters have emotional problems to be working on, time will tell. But I still voted, ''it's not normal to be clingy.''

0|0
    0|0
  • you two aren't clingy you are immature and insecure. I also find it amazing how many people have some form of clinical problems these days. smh

0|0
    0|0
    • Well, thanks to advances in sciences we can now diagnose stuff more accurately.

• @Noxifer626 I disagree science isn't helping anything other than maybe drug manufacturers pockets. What's really happening is the drugging of America along with giving people excuses for poor behavior.

• Unless you've had an actual mental illness, I don't think you're qualified to say how should people deal with having them.

• I don't think it's normal for people to be that attached to each other, honestly.

A healthy relationship needs some space and people involved need to keep their individuality.

Good luck. ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you're compatible, I don't see a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Aren't people in a relationship wanting to be together?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's ok :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Meditate with each other :)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• It's normal, I'm really clingy with my boyfriend and him too, we are always together

0|0
    0|0