Would it be a dealbreaker if someone wanted to go on a date with you but couldn't drive?

I have overprotective parents yet I passed my permit test and everything... They won't put me on their insurance. I want to ask a girl I don't know on a date but don't want to look foolish saying I can't drive. Anyways is this a deal breaker for you? Explain why or why not below

• yes
  • no
  • ... depends on other factors

Most Helpful Girl

• This is SO ironic. My parents are the same! And my dad says that men are scum without a car.

However, I myself could not give a shit less whether the guy I date drives or not. (Besides, I'd feel like a hypocrite, since I can't drive either.)

• Your dad seems honestly really judgmental lol

• He is. Lol.
      I could go on and on about how judgmental and controlling he is, but that's being reserved for my brand new MyTake.

But yeah, I'd just think, " how would I feel if I was dumped cuz I had no car?" And I'd think that if that actually happened, I'd feel overlooked, yet relieved, Why? Because there's more to a person than their possessions and abilities\lack of abilities, and I'd realize that those people who'd do that are probably the type that would ask you to carpool.

Most Helpful Guy

• I got laid last week but she doesn't drive and she's older than me.

Even though it's thwre for the taking, it's way too much hassle for me for what it's worth.

What Girls Said 15

• Not at all! A guy having a car or being able to drive is NOT a necessity. That would be pretty shallow. I would pick him up in my car, if i didn't have one then we could either walk or take public transport :)

• you sound awesome. I wanted to ask out someone but I didn't have a vehicle at the time and she found out I didn't have a car and when I saw her again, she made me feel awkward and weird about not having a car and never asked her out. that was a bummer, glad to hear a what would be a fresh answer.

• @Smells-like-lavender

I live in the U. K Here's a wheelie bin lol

officebins.co.uk/.../360LPWB.jpg

encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images

• Oh well hello there mate or something😀 I'm in Texas so we got everything different it's cool to see people from other countries. Cheerio

• No. I've nearly dated men who don't have cars and they're in their late 20s, early 30s. I have a car, we can ride in mine lol

• It's not a problem. Take public transport! In all the old movies, the most romantic moments happened on trains. No one can honestly say a truly romantic goodbye from a Jeep! Lol
    encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images

• I can't drive either so it's not like I care.

• No, I like walking better anyway.
    Especially for a first date I would preffer something simple and fun rather than some sort of fancy restaurant or anything like that.
    But this is just me, maybe the girl you want to ask out has a different point of view.

• Nope, I wouldn't expect a guy my age to be in a position to have a car. Plus, where I live has very good modes for public transportation, so a car isn't exactly a necessity.

• I'm dating the dude/dudette, not her/his car lol

fuck it, I don't care

• No, not a huge deal.

• Na, my bad is 28 and still can't drive. Who cares? Insurance is expensive, cars are expensive and traffic is a pain in the ass. Someone not having s car is understandable

• No, not at all but I can't drive either so we might have problems about how we're going to meet up and stuff

• No. I totally understand on not being allowed to drive, because I'm not either, so I wouldn't have a problem with it.

• Hey, I love driving and my parents did the same insurance thing for like 2 years. I would totally understand.

• Just work a date to your advantage. can't drive, so look for options close by that dont require a car.

• Nope not a deal breaker. I can drive, so I would just pick him up

• If we live near, in the same town it's ok but if not it'll be really hard since I have no permit so

What Guys Said 5

• As long as she's of legal age, then no. It wouldn't really be a deal-breaker. Granted, I'd be wondering why she doesn't drive. She should be able to get a job, get her own car and get her own car insurance. Why are you trying to get onto your parents' insurance? Just get your own. After all, you are of legal age now as an adult.

• Rates would be too high I'm Nineteen And a guy lol. My parents won't let me as long as I'm under their roof. My mom won't scenery me hold my I'd or birth certificate...

• Rates are too high? Even after you get a job? What the hell are you spending all your money on, dude? Even a minimum job should be enough to get a car and insurance, especially if you work full time.

• Im pleased with the girls answers..

• No worries, I like driving.

• Completely depends upon where you live; if the public transport is good then it's not a big problem; if you live outside of big cities with good public transport... then you're fcked - no matter what the girls say (they always generally react much better after reading a sob story)

• Not if I really liked her I'd be more than happy to drive.